Answered Might be a Stupid Question, but are Energy Pickaxes Infinite?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Anuril, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

I mean, do Energy Pickaxes EVER BREAK? I noticed that every other Drill and Pickaxe breaks, so I'd expect the same from the Energy pickaxe. If not from durability, then perhaps from Energy Depletion or some other overusage mechanism based on a hidden variable? Or are Energy Pickaxes truly Infinite and NEVER BREAK, no matter how much you use them?

A Simple Answer would not satisfy, but a descriptive and clarifying one would. I think this might be a stupid question, but I need to be absolutely sure, and there's no other mention of the Energy Pickaxe other than the Starbound Wiki, which gives a somewhat vague "it uses energy instead of durability" description.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Since a simple "no, it wont break" wont suffice, here...

http://starbounder.org/Energy_Pickaxe

Its exactly as you state, it wont break, otherwise it would have been worth noting on the wiki.​

3. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

meh, the simple answer was more informative than the wiki tbh, as the wiki doesn't mention anything clear about whether it would or would not "break", only that it "uses energy instead of durability". I figured the remote possibility of it breaking when the player's energy bar runs out either once or several times based on a hidden, unseen counter variable.

Edit: note the term "break" in quotes. The wiki makes no mention of that word, only the word "durability", which can only leave one to assumption(and not clear answers), but the simple answer you gave me was enough to verify that an Energy Pickaxe is indeed Infinite.

4. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

I believe the correct term would be regenerative not infinite as if it were infinite itd never run out
    youve still got your energy to watch and maintain