RELEASED Minakie's Mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Minakie, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Which running up/down animation do you prefer? (pick 1 up and 1 down pls)

1. Running down - vanilla shadow

42.5%
  2. Running down - expanding shadow

22.5%
  3. Running up - vanilla shadow

32.5%
  4. Running up - expanding shadow

10.0%
  5. Running up - vanilla shadow + shadow matching the running down

30.0%
  6. Running up - expanding shadow + shadow matching the running down

17.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You're a life saver, I swear with my ADHD and the tiny size of that font, I woul've never found that on my own. xD

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

So, it seems people prefer the running down animation with the expanding shadow, but the running up with the vanilla one.
      Wouldn't it be weird to have different shadow styles though?

[​IMG]

Also, is there a way to delete the poll and make a new one? Or to reset all the votes?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
      • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Update:
        New Dressers

More recolors of the “Get Dressed” dresser have been added.
        [​IMG]
        Grab your dresser here.​

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

That moment when you're googling "pixel teddy bear" for some inspiration and this comes up:

[​IMG]
          Not exactly the cute cuddly plushie I was expecting to find. xD

Currently working on: my own kitchen recolors (the teddy bear search is to replace the one I had on the crib).

foghorn likes this.
          • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like an image straight from the NOPE section of @swpau 's paintings :eek:

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

She hasn't been online for a while. Probably got sucked into one of those spoopy paintings. :-(

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Update:
                Wip - kitchen​

Today I attempted to finish a kitchen mod... and failed. Something that was supposed to last maybe a couple of hours (at most), ended up taking the whole day. And I'm not even done with it yet. I gotta stop changing things at some point, or this mod will never see the light of day. >_<

I’m sorry for not having a screenshot of this one but really, I have changed this kitchen so many times now and made so many different versions featuring different kitchen appliances that, at this point, I have no idea what the final version will look like and I don’t want anyone to “fall in love” with a kitchen that will probably end up looking completely different afterwards.

Somethings I do know though:

- The king bed and the crib will be beige. The crib will have a pillow, a teddy bear, a tilted milk bottle on the mattress and a toy... horse... thingy on the floor.

- This mod will be inspired by my real kitchen so, although I am forced to keep the placement of the stove and fridge (because you can interact with both of them), the placement of other stuff will change, namely, the place where the sink is.

- The counters and cabinets will be dark brown and the countertops will be white. The cabinets on the wall will be smaller than the vanilla ones (my cabinets don’t have drawers at the bottom).

- I’ll edit the stove and add a kitchen hood on top of it. I might also change the look of the fridge, not to make it look more like my fridge, but to make it different from the fridges of all the other kitchen mods out there.

- Shadows look weird in my game, so I ended up editing my personal files and removing all the shadows. Which means I might end up doing 2 versions of the kitchen: one with shadows and one without.

- If I end up being super happy with the final look of it, I might also make optional files that will change the TV and/or the fireplace.

- Once the kitchen is finished, I will also make a recolor of the dresser matching the kitchen counter/cabinet color.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Welp, it seems the kitchen mod will have to wait. ^^''

I am working on (even more) recolors for the dressers, as well as two new dresser models: one with a round mirror (based on the old dresser's look) and one with a squared mirror. Which means all the recolors will now have 3 dressers where to chose from. Also, all the old files will have to be updated 'cause I'm doing some minor changes on the original dresser base as well.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Do you think that you could do a silver one with purple ascents? With some makeup, perfume, and a flower in a vase on the top of the dresser please? I think that would be so amazing looking.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Well, this is my progress so far:
                      [​IMG]

Adding stuff on the vanity is tricky 'cause it's too tiny (the dressers on that picture are 2x bigger than the original one) and it can easily end up looking over cluttered.
                      I guess what I can try do is make a silver version of it and change the perfume/butterfly from pink to purple.
                      Silver is a tricky color though, I'm kinda scared it'll just look light grey. But I can try and see what it will look like.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Update:
                        Dressers Hype!

40 dressers so far
                        [​IMG]
                        [​IMG]
                        No idea how long it’ll take me to upload them. I still need to save each one on its separate .png file, create a preview image for each folder and compress them on a .zip format.

And it’s too late for me to still do it today so please bear with me.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
                          wert700, Coolwyngs and eemie like this.
                        • Coolwyngs

thank you

• Coolwyngs

Wow looks cool thank you

• manzara

manzara Guest

Best horse ever thanks so much.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Something unexpected happened. I'm afraid I won't be able to work on packing the dressers on their individual files and folders for a few hours. Which means the upload will also be on standby until I can fix this problem that has come up. I hope I can still have them ready today but, at this point, I'm not sure anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. :D Back to packing. :)

You're welcome. I'm glad you like them. :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
                                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Update:
                                  The new dressers are out!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
                                  You can now download your favorite here.​

Coolwyngs and wert700 like this.
                                  • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Update:
                                    The kitchens are out!​

The kitchens are finally out and they come in two recolors: chocolate (like my real life kitchen) and beige (to match my first dresser).

The rooms look the same on both versions. There’s also an optional fireplace.

[​IMG]

Kitchen: I changed the place where the sink is to make it more similar to my own kitchen and added a detergent and trash can below it. I changed the microwave, sink and stove. Added a copper pan and a kitchen fan on top of the stove, as well has two spoons on the wall. The white thing with horns on the cabinet is a kitchen scale. I made my own version of the fridge and added a potted plant on top. Also made the washing machine. There's a brass key on top of a cabinet and a coin on top of the corner one. Then there's a coffee cup and a coffee machine that I also pixeled for the game. There were some shadow issues so I added a mosaic pattern on the wall, also inspired by my own kitchen.
                                    - The (optional) fireplace was inspired by the white fireplaces made by Rosalie and buckyobarnes and modified to meet the requirements I wanted my fireplace to have. Just little details that the OCD in me had to fix.
                                    Bedrooms: I took the old bed and crib I was using and updated them. That blanket on the master bed is like the one I have in real life and I decided to open the bottom to have a see-through of the pattern. As for the crib, it has a pillow, a teddy bear, a tilted baby bottle (behind the bars) and a toy horse on the floor.
                                    Bookcase column: I basically took StaticOpium's idea and made it my own. Added a dinosaur, books and a jar from the game and then pixeled a baby bottle, toy owl and toy doll.​

[​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]
                                    And... there’s a little “Easter egg” teaser hidden somewhere. I wonder if anyone can find it. ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
                                      foghorn and eemie like this.
                                    • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Cant find the easter egg :(

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The Easter bunny did a really good job at hiding it. The only way to find it is to think outside of the box and look past the obvious. ;)

Edit: Yep, I just confirmed and the Easter egg is there, on both the Chocolate and Beige versions.

I will reveal where it was once I release my furniture mod (which might take days or weeks since I'm still writing down ideas and looking for reference pictures) if no one can find it until there. :p

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
                                        • Coolwyngs

This is cool. Would you mind uploading a .png of your kitchen?