Race Minaris

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Hurricane, Dec 31, 2012.

?

Anyone like this race?

1. yes

53.3%
  2. no

46.7%
  1. Hurricane

Hurricane Phantasmal Quasar

The Minaris are like walking angler fish with 4 eyes Minaris mine nonstop so the race lives underground mining the Minaris arms are used as a pickaxe,here are some types of Minaris(has a tier system) some you can start with
    those are ancestor,miner,guard
    here is the tiers
    miner>smelter/destroyer>guard/engineer>gate guard/explorer>conqurer/evacuater>royal guard/Adviser>Guard captain/king>Minaris general/overlord (teirs go up by reputation/quests ) the king npc (if you arnt king)or others give you quests in the mine shaft
    Miner (miner of the Minaris)
    Destroyer (miner that breaks an area of 3 by 3)
    Guard (defends miners, destroyers, and lighters)
    Gate Guard (defends the way the First Minaris got in)
    Smelter (smelts the ores the miners and destroyers bring)
    Engineer (creates new tools for mining low teck->pickaxe arm cover stone/high tech->mining laser)
    evacuater (if the planet is mined out it builds a spaceship to go to another planet with the minaris)
    Ancestor (one of the first minaris)
    adviser (advises the king)
    royal guard (guards the king)
    king (master of a minaris mining shaft player can become king)
    Overlord (master of All Minaris if killed, the kings will find a new overlord in the event of that if the player is a king the player could be chosen as overlord)
    conquerer (takes over other race's mining shafts)
    explorer (looks for other mining planets before sending evac to it using 1.travelers who know of a planet or 2.exploration in the evac ship)
    the Minaris have an ability which it can use it's light when the area is to dark
    This would be a playable race if created, not an npc race.
    The minaris have pet bats in cages
    the minaris have a 1.5 second blindness when entering natual light unless wearing sunglasses/sunglass related headwear
    Here' a sprite all credit of sprite is to Vincey!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Passarbye likes this.
  2. Hurricane

here is how the minaris started, a scientist was experimenting on angler fish, one night the two experiments escaped into a cave, they were educated by the scientist, so they know all the low tech and monarchy they saw iron and mined it with their sharp pickaxe hands and found lava and they mined to make a furnace then, they started to lay eggs soon more of the species were born, when the scientist found them most of them were mining, he then decided to name them Minaris, after a few years they started Monarchy with a king to rule a mining shaft
    then an overlord to rule them all the overlord then ordered some of the minaris to be smelters, military, engineers,etc... that was the start of the minaris years later an explorer found them and told them about how to build a spaceship so they could expand their race and mining to new levels!then camE the minaris explorer and evacuater! the race barely goes above ground (without being in a ship) so the minaris take longer to adapt to natural light, causing a temporary blindness

3. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Need a hand for the sprites? Talk to me privately to give me the details if you wish.

4. Gearnova

Gearnova Big Damn Hero

Vincey your avatar's head... looks like... for shame :/

5. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Talk to us a bit more about your own talents in drawing.
    And, just so you understand, click the URL in my signature. That's where my avatar comes from. Now this is off-topic.

6. Gearnova

Gearnova Big Damn Hero

Wasn't commenting on your artistic abilities or lack thereof, just on the shape of your avatar's head. *offers Vincey a peace scone* Also, an interesting race idea in your link, I voted yes, though the heads still look suspiciously like male genitalia.

Anyways, back on-topic, the Minaris is a great idea for a race, still needs to be fleshed out a bit more and I'd also love to see some more sprites :D

7. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

I really hope your genitalias don't look like this.

8. Gearnova

Gearnova Big Damn Hero

Yes, all twelve of them.

9. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Gearnova likes this.
  10. Hurricane

sorry... im not good at making sprites..... again vincey made the sprite

11. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

i like the minari, it seems like a good race.
    i think that even if they aren't used for a player race, they should at least be used as a mob. ;)
    /ignoring first part of thread

12. Hurricane

yhea , I made it so it would be usable as both... puposly, if it's not a playable race then they might make it a mob

13. yugimon

yugimon Space Spelunker

I guess in this situation its eat of be eaten!

14. Hurricane

I agree...

15. Kozara

Kozara Aquatic Astronaut

I'm all for more Sea Food :D but i think you could work on the background culture a bit more beyond that of prestigious titles an Origin maybe configure those titles in a more structured way

16. Hurricane

define "structured" I know what I means but..... what way do you mean? more specific?, better?

17. Kozara

Kozara Aquatic Astronaut

Such as the way a society works from higher to lower class as you have put it but more refined and thought out as you have Overlords being ''chosen'' where as Overlords usually take all the power and all the positions of power and don't really refer to anyone else for decisions they just do whatever they think is best or what they want to do really.
    Perhaps this race has different names for these positions rather then the human understanding of a king, president, or Emperor of sorts
    and work down the social ladder from their maybe thinning out the amount of lesser social classes you have
    (or at least categorizing their place in the ''food chain'' as it where) and giving each one a unique name and feel to help fatten up the lore that little bit more.

and please keep in mind I'm not trying to be nasty i just see this as a potentially good idea and i would like to see it given as much detail and thought put into it as possible.

18. Hurricane

RIP, thread

19. RULERULTAMIS

RULERULTAMIS Big Damn Hero

You have just Un-RIPed this thread by saying "RIP thread.

20. Hurricane