Minesweeper's Identity Crisis (D.O.E.S)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Surn_Thing, Dec 15, 2015.

?

How Would You Rate This Game?

1. X - I didn't bother playing it.

2. 0 - Please purge this from existance!

3. 1 - Hated it.

4. 2 - Disliked it.

5. 3 - Not bad.

6. 4 - Liked It.

7. 5 - Really liked it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Come play my game!!!!!1!

Screenshot.png

Since the old D.O.E.S thread was among the things deleted, here's a new one. D.O.E.S stands for "Dungeon Of Existential Surprise" staring a demented, face-eating monster named "U". In a grid you have to find the 5 "things" in order to escape. Along the way you'll face perils such as bad ghosts, bleach, angry muffins, energy drinks, a yellow creep that lives in a bucket (that isn't Ratboy Genius), rakes and other things. If you win you are treated to an image generated based you your run (how to read it). Feel free to share your victory images on this thread (Screen size is 718 x 542px).

I'm hoping to continue working on this game so I can make it extra special for Steam to hopefully sell it next year.

2. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

Been playing this since Surn first put it up on the old forums, but I still come back and find myself laughing at all the things I missed last time. Here`s one that gave me a good laugh.
    (This happened why I tried to eat the toppings on a pizza separately)

upload_2015-12-19_12-56-18.png

Surn_Thing likes this.
  3. Surn_Thing

Played the game this morning, here's my stool sample.
    Herro.png
    I've been considering re-balancing the fun things. Perhaps creating removing or reworking the crappy ones and adding more opportunities to sacrifice health for other stats.

4. Surn_Thing

I've been tinkering with the game some more and altered the end screen (to be added in the next update)
    Dec27_2015.png
    This version shows battles and fun things in the sequence they occur, starting from the outer most part of the spiral to the inmost. The color of both fun things and battles signifies HP after the event with green as 100% blue as 50% and red as almost dead.

5. Benkinz99

Nice. Looks much shinier and more visual. I think ill give it another play through to see the new ending.

6. Surn_Thing

Once again, you beat me to the thread after an update.

In a nutshell, enemies will go into "rage" mode if they see the next hit from U will kill them, Power/exp is banked at the cost of health, divine protection persists until an enemy is encountered, and the end screen includes the other board elements including ghosts and rakes.
    More detail here.

7. Benkinz99

I noticed that divine protection lasted longer. Kinda nice. Protected me from rolling in spiders and eating plutonium.

8. hOI im tEMmIE!!

hOI im tEMmIE!! Void-Bound Voyager

I had already played this game and I thought it was pretty cool! I didn't know you made it though o:

9. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I miss the answer

W - What I am looking at?

10. Surn_Thing

The work of a madman.

11. Surn_Thing

Still working on the game. Here's a preview of some of the new fun things coming to the Steam version.
    previewA.PNG previewC.PNG previewD.PNG
    31unicornhead.png

12. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Wait, this is still being updated? I thought this was a one-and-done release!
    So excited for new things!

Surn_Thing likes this.
  13. Surn_Thing

Again, these are for the Steam version (though I might release it for free elsewhere if it does poorly).

14. Benkinz99

If its 10$ or lower on Steam your sure to have my $$$.

15. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

If it's more than 10$... FUCK IT I'LL BUY IT

16. Surn_Thing

I was thinking between 5 and 10 dollars, so Benkinz99 isn't too far off.

17. MrVauxs

will be demo? like not all items or blocks?
    please im such poor ;-;

18. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Surn put a link to the flash version in his original post, you could try that.

19. MrVauxs

probably the link gonna do *megic* game not found after steam realease

20. Surn_Thing

No. The browser version will be kept as the demo.The full version will have more things such as more board elements and unlockable modes.