Boss Mini-Boss Random Event! Space Pirates!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nyaria the Apex, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Nyaria the Apex

Nyaria the Apex Space Penguin Leader

This was an idea that crossed my mind while raiding some Tombs and Towns on Starbound.

What if we could add a random event where there's a space pirate raid? The initial event would be the pirates invading a settlement (NPC or Even your own base settlement) and after the pirates are defeated, they drop a reverse warp beacon, that brings you to their ship, for you to fight through the pirates, and pillage them in return! At the end there could be a Super-Mini-Boss of sorts of the Pirate Captain, weaker then the "Sector Bosses" depending on your sector, but stronger then the mini-boss monsters you find on the planets.

When all is said and done, you get to loot the enemy pirate ship, probably lots of Valuable ores/Bars/Pixels maybe even Space-Pirate themed Tech! As well as very space-pirate themed collectibles and furniture to adorn your ship or base with!

Granted I would imagine the pirates would be fairly strong, (Not impossibly strong mind you for whatever sector your in) so that you could make the entire deal worth it.

Though I would also suggest to be cautious while doing this, as the reverse beacon may-or-may-not break (Depending on how the developers might want it to work) and if you fail, then you'll have to wait until the next time you find a pirate raid to be able to fight the Captain.

2. Unit-2417

Unit-2417 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think you might be interested in my race idea, the Voleurites.

I don't mean to be all advertisey, but essentially, they are space pirates.

Either way, I am very fond of the idea!