Mini Dev Update #2: Character Customization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dynafols, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I’ve made a bunch of progress on character customization, and I’d like to share some of the results with you! Above, you can see just a few of the many possible combinations for your character. After you’ve created your starting look, there’s nothing stopping you from getting a haircut or changing your outfit in the future. Below is the unfinished character customization screen. You won’t have access to all clothes when you first start your character, but over time you’ll be able to put together a pretty sharp wardrobe!"

So, what do you guys think? I'm liking this myself personally, (especially that color bar).

Killer Snowman likes this.
    • WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to say man, that looks fantastic. The time it takes to create a masterpiece like this is well worth it, and I applaud you.

Would you like any ideas or thoughts on possible improvements? Not that it needs any, but I love participating in the thought process. :)

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Indeed, ConcernedApe is doing a wonderful job. I really do like the remodel of the characters.

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

See, this makes me love the new character models even more, the older ones have very limited space as far as clothing and customization goes. At least in my opinion. Gah, I can't wait!

• Blackthorn

Blackthorn Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't wait to see new gameplay video :)

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Interesting. I assume we'll have to purchase the shirts? I'm surprised that pants have the free color change. I thought you'd have to buy them.

• Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I am so ready for this game, I love the new look.

• Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

I can be a cowboy?!

Game made. If there is an optional black mask of sorts that lets me cover my eyes so I look like this?
                  The Lone Ranger
                  [​IMG]

Game made-er. Farming as the Lone Ranger would be a dream come true. Even if I've only had that dream for about 30 seconds.

Nirn likes this.
                  • DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

The male sprites look kinda fat from the side, and it makes the females look pregnant. I don't know exactly how to fix that, but it might have something to do with how the legs and arms curve like that, or where the neck attaches to the torso. Having a poor looking sprite for the main character is a good enough reason for me to not purchase this game, to be honest. Does that make me shallow?

• Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

It's better to be truthful now then once the game is released. You didn't sound rude to me and I can see what you're talking about as well. I'd buy the game if I was a walking turd though so I guess the main character isn't super important to me lol.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Just as long as you can customize said turd ;)

DeadlyLuvdisc and Kenwei2 like this.