Mini Game for Cooking?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sanademonangel, Mar 9, 2016.

1. sanademonangel

sanademonangel Poptop Tamer

I feel that there is a lack in fun in cooking. I mean you got a fishing mini game. Why not a Cooking game? Maybe something like cooking mama, or a match game, or just something more fun. It's so boring, just to click on the food and it's done. Oh and 2 more thing...maybe add different color chest boxes, and more fridge space. :catface:

• Evendius

Evendius Astral Cartographer

While I'm not against fleshing cooking out, I think a mini-game would be the wrong way to go. Could get pretty tedious when cooking multiple items, plus you already put alot of work into gathering the ingredients, so I don't think the payout would be enough, while afterwards having to put more time/work into a mini-game.

Maybe you could put another ingredient of your choosing in for a bonus effect and more gold value? And different ingredients would have different effects on each dish, good or bad. It would take quite a bit of time to hand craft that kind of system though, but that way you get to play around adding different stuff in seeing what works. Could be fun seeing what a void egg does to an omelette, or a hazelnut does to a maple bar

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
      • MariahDawn

MariahDawn Orbital Explorer

Maybe you can play the mini game to try to get a better rank of food, or you can just auto make it and it just gives you something completely random in rank? (i haven't cooked so i dunno if cooked food has like ranks xD so im sorry in advance)

izzy82 likes this.
        • Alouria

Alouria Orbital Explorer

Adding a simple mini-game for improving food rank seems like it would work. It could sell for more or possibly provide a small health/energy bonus, or maybe even a stat bonus for top rank.

Another idea is herbs being used to give a meal a bonus. Like basil could be used to give you a small foraging bonus, and thyme could increase magnetism. Just an idea.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

With all the rage from the fishing minigame, I have to disagree. =/ However I definitely feel that cooked items should have a quality equal to their ingredients, and added that to the community list. :)

• Alouria

Alouria Orbital Explorer

It doesn't necessarily have to be like the fishing mini-game. It could be that you have to find the ingredients in an image of lots of foods. Like you'd have to find an egg but there's also rice, fish, bread, etc. You could have less ingredients on the screen for simple dishes (e.g. omelette) and more for complex ones (e.g. blueberry tart), and a time limit to make it fun but challenging. You could also base the rank on the number of mistakes made (e.g. clicking wrong food) or possibly on how much time is left.

• MariahDawn

MariahDawn Orbital Explorer

Well like I said, you can cook via the mini game though i dunno if it will be a stress tug of war or a whole new game, maybe it can be, how close can you get to X% - X% without pressing too soon or too late like... i don't know a game to ... relate this method too BUT xD I hope it makes sense enough ...

Also i love the idea of herbs and spices, but you would have to have the option to do it, and you know... maybe some logic to it, no one wants pepper on ice cream xD