1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated MiniGuns 1.3

Big guns with a high rate of fire!

1. intrepid-explorer

intrepid-explorer Phantasmal Quasar

intrepid-explorer submitted a new mod:

MiniGuns - Big guns with a high rate of fire!

Read more about this mod...[DOUBLEPOST=1441434140][/DOUBLEPOST]This is the initial release -- very playable and a lot of fun, with the only issues being cosmetic. I wanted to get it out in time for the weekend. I invite feedback, suggestions for features, and most importantly, advice on how to implement fixes and planned updates.

2. SilverLancer

SilverLancer Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a mod that appeals to my interests

New Weapons
    MINIGUNS! I have the biggest thing for miniguns ever since that scene in fallout 2 where the enclave guys opened up on those civilians with miniguns
    i've just adored them ever since, and there's just something so highly appealing about big guns that shoots tons of bullets downrange

If you can fix the sound issues, and sorta optimize the napalm minigun along with the others this could be really damn good

Also holy hell they are cheap ya gotta like triple the costs of these things 6 bars is definitely not proportional to other weapons and such which can cost like 20 bars
    :3 or you can not do any of these things because its your mod, and i'm not useful when it comes to making mods in anyway

3. intrepid-explorer

Thanks! Good point about the crafting cost...I was focused on getting it to work. I checked and the craftable (Novakid) rifles take 4 bars of metal, so I will increase the cost on the next update. While I work on the sound and optimize the napalm, you can go to Steam and open Properties of the game, "Browse local files," go to "...\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\MiniGuns_1.0\recipes" and use a text editor (Notepad or GEdit or whatever you have) to change the crafting cost numbers.

SilverLancer likes this.
  4. intrepid-explorer

intrepid-explorer updated MiniGuns with a new update entry:

Fixed sound and rebalancing recipes and energy vs damage.

Read the rest of this update entry...

SilverLancer likes this.
  5. intrepid-explorer

Fixed recipes for PG update 5

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. that badass penguin

that badass penguin Space Hobo

when i download the mod, unzip the file, and put the files in the mod folder they never even work. how to i fix?

7. intrepid-explorer

The file should unzip to a folder called MiniGuns_1.2. You have the right folder if it contains, among other things, a file called MiniGuns.modinfo. Put a copy of that folder into ...StarBound\Giraffe_storage\mods (where there is a text file titled "mods_go_here") and it should work. I run Starbound on both Windows and Ubuntu and it works. Depending on what you used to Unzip the ZIP file, it might have created a folder MiniGuns_1.2 with an identically named subfolder inside. You want the folder that contains the .modinfo file, and the whole folder goes in the Giraffe_storage\mods folder. Good luck!

8. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

Even Alicorns loves big guns! xD
    Crystal Rain.jpg

intrepid-explorer likes this.
  9. intrepid-explorer

I see hand positioning is a problem here. But Alicorns are so magical they don't need hands to whip some DreadWing butt!

10. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

No problem.
    Unicorns and Alicorns can activate a magical Aura with one perk so it would look like they fload the weapon in the air.

For all others:
    And in Fallout Equestria, some Earthponys wear some sort of a Battle Sattle. A Device thrown over the back, with one Point each side where they can attach guns, bigger then a Pistol.
    Pegasie mostly use the same, but with Energy Weapons, because they are easyer to use and not so heavy like amunition based weapons.
    A good explanation why they all could hold and use them, even if they are no Power Armors, and Battle Sattles in the Race Mod. ^^

11. intrepid-explorer

Hey folks! With Glad Giraffe out, I must announce that Miniguns 1.2 still works except for the SunCannon and ViolentCannon, which crash the game when you fire. I have some theories on why that is happening, but am working on it.

However, it looks like adding the flashlight function to the miniguns will take a lot of code rewriting. Since Glad Giraffe also offers lantern stick upgrades, maybe the miniguns don't need to have flashlights. So I am asking what changes you would like me to make, aside from fixing the crashes.

12. SilverLancer

SilverLancer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just focus on making these miniguns as dead blasted destructive as you can, and it'll all work out somehow.

Where there's a will there's a way, and I think just focusing on tuning them for balance, working on the art assets, and just general tweaking of the guns themselves are more important than trying to add the flashlight function.
    Not saying you shouldn't add flashlight function to them, but that'd be more something you could do on a rainy day when you're not sure what else to do with them. That's just my personal view on it though, and if you really wanna give them an alt function like a flashlight go for it.

13. intrepid-explorer

Version 1.3 Glad Giraffe bug fix

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1452256284][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well now that you mention it, the higher-tier guns under my newly posted 1.3 are overpowered in the sense that, if you don't mind spending the energy, you can mine with them. That was not happening with the prior version of the game so I have to dig into the code and find out why, since version 1.3 was just a hotfix for the crashes.

Thanks for the feedback and I"ll definitely consider it. By the way, what do you suggest regarding the art? I thought it turned out well given the few pixels I was working with. It reminded me of my first computer and making drawings with Windows 1.0's Paint.

14. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

POW YOU ARE DEAD NOT BIG SURPRISE[DOUBLEPOST=1452266290][/DOUBLEPOST]
    talon like the court of owls talon assassin?

15. intrepid-explorer

No, I am just literal-minded when naming game characters -- Florans named Poison Ivy and Lavender, a Hylotl named Bubbles, and Novakids named Citrine and Sapphire. In Skyrim it was a Khajiit named Kitty and an Argonian named Hissy.

16. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

i named my novakid Polaris Stirling

17. agente90

agente90 Aquatic Astronaut

My game has been crashed when i use it. dont know what to do?

18. intrepid-explorer

Are you using version 1.3? The changes to Glad Giraffe (damage types and other things) caused the higher-tier guns in 1.2 to crash. I updated to MiniGuns 1.3 to address these crashes, and was unable to crash GG using version 1.3, though the napalm cannon can create serious lag on a mid- or low-end machine. If you are using 1.3, please let me know which gun causes the crash, whether it crashes when you fire it, or when it hits a monster, or when it hits a wall, or when the game loads, or anything else that would help me find the bug.

In the long term, I will have to rewrite the mod from scratch (the GG changes are that extensive) and release that as version 2.0, but that won't be done until next month or later.

19. intrepid-explorer

20. agente90

agente90 Aquatic Astronaut