RELEASED MissCoriel's NPC Unique Courtship Responses!!

Discussion in 'Characters' started by MissCoriel, Jan 22, 2019.

?

Would you like unique refusals as well?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2019.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. MissCoriel

MissCoriel Phantasmal Quasar

Harveyref.png Abigail.png Elliott.png Aren't you tired of every NPC you want to date just says, "I'll accept this... thank you!"
    Are you tired of those same NPCs saying the same thing when you present them with a pendant?

This is the mod you need.. It's lightweight and should not interfere with Dialogue overhauls. Most importantly, it's easy to mod a Custom NPC to work with this mod.

This mod uses Content Patcher so there is no issues with it failing on you.

Just install SMAPI, Content Patcher 1.6 and place this in your mods folder.

All the vanilla bachelors and bachelorettes are already set up so it works out of the box.

2.0 has been released!! Now every NPC in the game has custom refusals.. even the non-datables.

There's a readme in the zip for anyone who wants their NPC to work with this mod.
    Abigail.png Elliott.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Creazd

Creazd Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to say thank you for this. It's simple but adds a lot of immersion!

• MissCoriel

I'm glad people like it (over 600 Nexus downloads). Took me all of 10 minutes to make.. just because I got up and got a drinkX3

• MissCoriel

Pardon double post, but 2.0 has been released!

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Would this conflict with other mods that also add dialogue/events? Sorry, it's been so long since I played (and therefore modded) SV on the PC since it came out on the Switch. This looks amazing though and I'd love to have it in my game!

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Only mods that add in new dateable characters/ make characters that wouldn't be dateable otherwise dateable. But that's because of how this one works. It is altering a CS string so it draws from a unique response id added to the character's dialogue. And it's easily patchable, you just need to follow the instructions in the readme Coriel has in the mod. But just normal dialogue/event expansions won't conflict. In fact, the way it's done it's almost impossible to conflict. Someone would have to steal this work and use it as a base for their own version of it in order to cause conflict.

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so much! I was mostly concerned with mods that expand on existing characters dialogue, like adding more lines and such. There's also a Rival Marriage mod I was interested in looking into but, from what you said, it doesn't sound like it should have any real issues. I appreciate the help!

• MissCoriel

When I feel up to it I will make a 3.0 version where your spouse will recognize she is married. :3