1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Alessondria

Alessondria Big Damn Hero

Wow you've still not found him yet?!

Serenity likes this.
  2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I want an adventures of Derrick machinima that explains all the shennanigans Derrick has gotten himself into over these last 2 years.
    ...I also want the great lords Chucklefish to sprinkle the rare Derrick on the most dangerous of planet types. I'm talkin' 0.001% chance of actually encountering a Derrick. Can't have too many Derricks or he'll start to lose some of his infinite charm... Which would be a wonderful way to farm charm, of course, for those totally not witchcraft...chemical... creation... activities?

Serenity and krylo like this.
  3. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm... the Nightly recently gave the Terramart creature eggs...

Can we get a Derrick egg, oh mighty GeorgeV?

(or, someone well-versed in Lua and JSON could manually spawn one in...)

The Squid likes this.
  4. Alessondria

Alessondria Big Damn Hero

I hope someone makes a Derrick mod of some kind. Special farm animal? Ship pet? Special capture version? I dunno... but something. Derrick is an essential part of Starbound now, people!!!

Serenity likes this.
  5. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Derrick will be found. :V

6. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Oh, yeah. I was considering picking up modding in order to try and put a Derrick in the game when I have the time.

Also, I don't think we'll be able to find him once 1.0 is out. His head part, the defining Derrick trait, has been removed from the game assets, last I checked. Hopefully it makes it's return. I haven't been able to unpack nightly assets to look.

7. Ichas

Ichas Void-Bound Voyager

With the release of 1.0, the search for Derrick begins again.

8. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

Derrick, will live on. I will create him in spore and post pics here, and Yongzhi, I have a couple of friends that could do the textures, including myself!

9. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Ooh, yeah I think it'd be great to see him in spore.
    Nah, his head part, the defining Derrick feature, was removed long ago for unknown reasons. I can only hope it gets readded some day, but for now Derrick is lost once more.
    At the very least I was briefly reunited with him thanks to the effort of everyone in this thread. And that's good enough for me. Derrick has his own life to pursue now, after all.

MysticMalevolence, The Squid and Zebe like this.
  10. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, first time back in months (stopped playing so I could experience 1.0) and this ancient thread is on the front page...LOL.

Zebe likes this.
  11. oO_Arti_Oo

oO_Arti_Oo Master Chief

Was Derrick ever found...?
    QwQ
    If not.. All the feels...

12. tom0tomato

tom0tomato Big Damn Hero

If anyone reading this is good at modding you should know what to do right now we need to find this majestic creature but if you want to earn even more respect if possible make a mod that makes Derrick a ship pet that will travel the universe with you. Yongzhi I wish you luck in finding Derrick in the future.

13. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

?

Attached Files:

The Squid likes this.
  14. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Somebody earlier mentioned attempting cloning via Spore.

I attempted, however the clone is imperfect and likely to melt any second.

[​IMG]

alferoona, Yzzey and The Squid like this.
  15. Zombie_Who

Zombie_Who Void-Bound Voyager

16. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

17. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The head piece was removed, so no.

This kind of in a way makes me wonder if Derrick will become a unique monster, maybe hidden in a mission's secret passage or a challenge door.

18. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

that would be sad it would not make it the old amazing and epic quest to find him in the universe. In general the entire cut off things and diversity makes me sad evertyime I think about it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  19. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

there's a derrick in-game statue tho with commands :/

20. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

One of the devs actually posted about this a long time ago on this thread, but it's a bit difficult to find as of now.