1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Missing file privileges

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Buckeria, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Buckeria

Buckeria Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound (and only Starbound, not the unstable version) says its "missing file privileges" when downloading workshop content. I don't know if it also does this for regular updates since this problem started for me just recently. Restarting my computer usually fixes it, but only for a short amount time. Any idea what I can do? Screenshot (29).png

Galen_Skywalker likes this.
  2. Galen_Skywalker

Galen_Skywalker Big Damn Hero

I'm having this exact same issue any help would be very much appreciated

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Try adding starbound and steam to the exception list of your av software. Also try turning off UAC if the previous step doesn't help.
    Since steam is not able to write to it's own workshop folder it can also be considered being somehow a steam issue itself.

~ Iris ~

4. Nah, had this same problem mate. Some Intel processors have this issue, a quick fix is to go into Task Manager and find a process called igfxEM.exe and shut it down. Should be able to download as normal, and when you restart your pc, igfxEM.exe will come back. I suggest at your earliest convenience to download updated drivers and/or windows update.

5. stivered

stivered Space Hobo