1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved missing npc

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Deril, Jun 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

so firend and i decided to make a coop game wiht some moods, the thing is after finishing the starter quest(frackin's route) when we go to the outpost we find it mostly uninhabited wiht only the merchants that should be there, no menial npcs nor dr, akagi and esther, we also noticed this expanded to the planets as we noticed the camper npc was nowhere to be found, odly enoguht this only happened asfter we made clump of our repective mods, because prior to that at least for me (even did a few shenanigans when tring to do the new content wiht 1.4) didn't have any troubles wiht the game, so any advise

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install after reproducing this issue. When playing multiplayer the host's log is needed as well.

3. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

well here it is, i was being the host so it should be fine rihgt?

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Issue seem to be the questionable mods since they mess with the npc scripts. When a npc script fails starbound kills the npc as fallback. Try removing these mods and see if the issue persists.

5. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

questionable mods?
    u mean the spicy ones?, if you can give further imformation i can pimpoint them and do so.
    (if you mean teh ahem.."adult" mods those never gave me a problem hence why i'm asking if you can be concise about the mods)

6. Iris Blanche

Yup thats the ones i mean. According to the listed scripts i assume its one of them which messes too much with the normal npc scripts. Shuttlecraft is also listed so it might also be worth a try to check this one out as well.

7. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

odd enought the ones that spicy never game problems since theyre really just change sprites, maybe its the A.V.IA.N on but never gave me probems well gonna take them down and see if the problem persist, gonna miss that sassy A.I tho:rofl:

ok, my bad, it seems i forgot that i punched some of the pak files right into the mod folder and forget about it npcs are spawning aggain

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019