Mission concept: assualt on the data banks

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by warbrand2, Apr 23, 2015.

1. warbrand2

warbrand2 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mission info: a USCM assault group has contacted me to help them retake a research lab orbiting earth. This is a bad idea but they are paying more pixels then I have ever heard of.

Mission

The player gets this mission form a soldier in Vanguard armor holding a pulse rifle just inside the outpost, the soldier informs the player/players that they are part of an elite unit tasked to retake orbital structures around earth. The NPC offers 10,000 pixels and 3 teleporter cores for rewards.

Mission requirements: at least t5 armor, and and 02 kit with radiation protection

Mission intro

The mission starts with the player beaming down onto a tower while 4 Human soldiers with vanguard armor beam down near them one of which goes to a hatch and starts to hack into it. the moment that npc goes to work, the following happens.

Soldier one: I got movement on the rock

soldier two: Same wait, what the..

*a zombie like thing with tentacles for arms appears at the left side*

soldier three: Infected open fire.

at this point the AI's will open fire on the zombie things and more will start spawning, the player and the three soldiers must then defend the hatch while the forth soldier hacks it open, once the forth soldier hacks it open he will state "Its open all in now" to which the three soldiers will stop firing and jump into the hatch, after which two of them will throw grenades up out of the hatch killing and infected creatures near (and the player if they haven't entered the hatch)

once inside this dialog happens

Soldier four: Ok the door to our right is the control center thing is it is locked down, that is why we hired you adventurer. We need you to head into the maintenance sections of the base and find the override, once you have done that come back here and we will move on.

soldier one: I will go with you by the way, no use going it alone in this place.

now the player and the NPC soldier must head left and use a vent path to navegate through the base, it should be noted that the base has a lot of drone security guards and turrets all of which are hostile.

The vent path would be simple but near the end when the player finally comes to a door back into the station their soldier ally goes to open it and is instantly killed by a tentacle zombie, this instigates the player fight now only against the defenses but against zombies, though now that they are in the facility proper they can find controls for the turrets around the base allowing the player to activate or deactivate turrets to deal with the infected or to pass. This is the interesting bit as the player will need to decide if they want to fight the zombies them selves or kill the zombies with turrets then have to sneak around the turrets. (turrets are timed though so once active the player can wait them out)

once the player makes there way through the faciltiy they will eventually end up on the other side of the door with the 3 other soldiers only to find their number cut down to two. once the player opens the door the forth soldier will once again talk to the player.

Soldier four: Thanks for letting us in... uh where is tom, No I don't want to know. Liston while you where getitng to the door some sort of tentacle wrapped around Dave's leg(soldier two), I think he is gone only problem he had our over ride gear. I hate to say this but you need to head back to the surface and find it.

this instigates the boss fight, which spawns 4 Giant tentacles on facilities exterior. each tentacle would have a different attack and the player would need to destroy all 4 for them to drop soldier two's stuff. once done the player simply takes it to the remaining soldiers who plug it into a computer, which opens a door revealing 3 gun cases and a teleporter, the gun cases each have one experimental weapon. the soldiers will tell the player they can have one if they want and take one and leaving will finish the mission.

Once back at base, the soldier that gave you the mission will thank you, and give the rewards just not all the pixels.

mission giver: Thanks for the help, though I am afraid I can't pay you in full do to command not liking that I hired a merc instead of doing my job. So uh here IS half what I promised you sorry.

Overall concept: base line concept of this is a military mission where the player has to work with a ranged NPC ally for half the mission then use their brain for the other half. also Lazy soldier is lazy contracting his job to another instead of doing it himself.

2. Tomas Swageroni

Tomas Swageroni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

end-game quest? i like it!