1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mod/Hack - Character Creation Extended

Discussion in 'Races' started by Anarchy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure I can even call this a mod, since all it requires is some copy/pasta of files/text to set up, but I figured if I wanted this for myself, there's probably others out there that would like something similar.

I don't really consider this type of mod a cheat/advantage as it merely changes the aesthetic context of your character, but it could lower the immersion of your character, unless you intend to play some kind of mutation or hybrid... but some of us just want pretty hair for our florans and hyotl's... regardless of the cost!

What it does basically:

1 - Allows all races to use all of the Human Male and Human Female hairstyles (regardless of gender).
    2 - Allows all races to start with all races clothing options.

What it does >NOT< include:

1 -
    Glitch/Feather/Fin/Fur options for all races. (I wasn't going to use these options at time of creation for myself, but may be coerced into updating the mod to include these, alternatively it's fairly straight forward to do yourself)

Known issues:

1 - In multi-player, people who do not have the mod will see you as bald if you have a non-standard hairstyle. (not sure if it's even possible to create a work-around for this).

2 - Apex can't change hair colour, this is caused by their beard options taking up the same slider spot, I included an upload that lets you swap your beards for hair colour changes, but this isn't an ideal solution. - Work Around by Tiltos

3 - NPC's are also effected by the mod,
    Work around - if you do not want this to happen you can use the Un-install after you have created your character (Your character, and other characters in multiplayer will retain the customization, but generated NPC's will not have the extended randomization.)

The same files can be used to extend the palette of colours available also, while I've played with this, I have included no changes for that in this version.

Screenshot(s):
    SHdyUKi.png
    - Floran Female with Human Hair and Hyotl Clothes. -
    ynbHVPV.png
    - Glitch Male looking smart with Human Hair and some Fancy duds. -

I've never released a mod, or used a file sharing site before, so I apologise for screw ups there (if any).

Where to Download!:
    Mod Manager Version:

- Mod File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dw6309k0qutcau1/Mods_CC_Extended_v03.zip

Overwrite version:
    - Mod File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7h5tqk5s84r0kuk/Mod_-_Character_Creation_Extended
    - Un-install/Normal NPC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8c8528lwza05tsu/Mod_-_Character_Creation_Extended_Uninstall.zip

How to Install!:
    Mod Manager Version:

- Use Mod Manager: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/64/?
    Overwrite Install:
    - Install: Copy to Starbound folder and extract (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound", overwrite where necessary).
    - Uninstall: Verify your game integrity on steam, or use the provided non-steam method file.

By downloading this file you accept that I take no responsibility for loss of characters, game data, social upsets caused by ugly hair or the potential existence of twin pig-tailed apex, from the use of this modification.

Changelog.

v.01 - Release
    v.02 - Added less invasive method of installation.
    v.02a - Added an option for Apex to change hair colour, at the loss of beards.
    v.03 - Apex fixed by Tiltos, Currently only the male version hairstyles.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    TurtleYo, Childgod, tiltos and 3 others like this.
  2. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Very cool, I love that floran character in the screenshot. :love: Also, this is totally a mod, and you discovery is greatly appreciated!

3. tiltos

tiltos Void-Bound Voyager

Good idea. It appears that, for Apex at least, the hair colour isn't changing with the fur colour. I'm investigating now, and will link up the modified files when I figure it out :)

Update: It was because Apex use different colours for replacement. I've update the Apex Male styles, which you can add to your mod: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8042453/hairmale.zip

Anarchy likes this.
  4. Anarchy

I noticed when going through the files the format apex use for hair isn't done in the same way, the area which would normally have the palette swap numbers just has a single "", it might be possible to just numbers in there ala a different race to allow function with hair in that manner.

It seems the problem lays with character creation has a "HeadOption" component, which is normally used as the selection slider for Hair Colour, but on Apex it is used for Beard Selection instead.

I included a file that lets you choose hair colour at the loss of beards for apex, not sure how to work-around to have both at this point.

5. Anarchy

You changed all the colours to match the hexes for the fur using photoshop/similar?

6. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Wanted to say thanks again for this mod! It has become second nature for me, and when I turn it off it feels like half the game's content just vanished!

Also, I like your avatar, that character looks epic. :laugh: Hope the mod sees more attention!

7. tiltos

tiltos Void-Bound Voyager

Kind of - I changed them from blonde to the orange colour that was used as the wildcard for Apex, that way they changed colour depending on the fur colour in the character creator.

8. HoaxRumors

HoaxRumors Phantasmal Quasar

Ech. Disregard. Seems the pick-and-replace I ran missed certain colors for certain hairs. It was only by luck that I managed to not pick those hairs out when I eyeballed the files to see if they worked. I went to recreate my Avian to find random hairs still sporting blonde streaks in odd places.

Just shows to go you, never assume a program you've never worked with before works perfectly right off the bat.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. Sadida

Sadida Hey, You!

Is this angry koala compatible?