Modding Help [MOD REQUEST] Classic HM-style Seed bags

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TheRaven81, Oct 26, 2017.

1. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

in classic HM games, when you went to buy seeds at the shop, they came in a bag, with a max of 9 seeds in them. If you took a bag to your farm, tilled a 3 x 3 square of land for seeds, then stood in the center of that square and used the bag of seeds, you would throw out 9 seeds on all the tilled plots around you, including the one you were standing on.

Is there a way we can implement that here?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The Seed Bag mod does something similar, though it seeds the tiles in front of you (not around) and isn't limited to 9 seeds:
      upload_2017-10-26_15-41-17.png

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
      • Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really dislike that .. that mod doesn't account for sprinkles and wastes seeds on them... (because the toss, goes on the sprinklers themselves).

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Tinybillow Are you sure that it is wasting them? I use Seed Bag and it does not waste seeds for me. Not on sprinklers nor on untilled ground when the range tiles extend past what I have tilled. It only puts seeds where they are actually applicable in-game.

• Tinybillow

@Xuomi I tested it has I had a certain number of seeds counted out... and came up short after the toss. I'll try again to be sure.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Tinybillow Feel free to report bugs on the mod's Nexus page. :)

• TheRaven81

I'd prefer that it worked as I described, and was only 9 seeds(or have a "giant bag" with 24 too, i guess, for the Iridium Sprinkler layouts), and then it'd be fine. Need it for my "Harvest Moon Experience" package....

I will try this one though, and see how it goes, but again I'd prefer it worked as I described.

• Tinybillow

@Pathoschild I reported it at nexus.

I did another test and here is the result. eight seeds tossed, and you can see it under the sprinkler on the left, and on the right, I picked up the sprinkler to be sure.

[​IMG]

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Tinybillow Try not having the ground beneath the sprinkler tilled, or place a flooring tile beneath the sprinkler. If you till the ground, then it becomes applicable for seeds to be placed.

Minininny likes this.
                    • Tinybillow

Yeah okay, that would be a good "work-around", but I don't like the way it looks, which is all I care about on my farm. ;) If there is an object, it should ignore it, I'm simply making a suggestion to the creator of the mod of a behavior that was unexpected.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That'd require extra logic, tilled soil and objects are on 2 different "layers", so it would make it unnecessarily expensive to check if there is an object when most objects cannot be placed on tilled soil to begin with.

• Tinybillow

Ah okay, I understand. Makes sense.

• TheRaven81

So I tested it a bit ago, and it works ok, i guess. But it's like a tool and you have to put your own seeds in it. And like the tools, you can "charge" it to affect a larger area - which was WAY too quick to go up to maximum, and a bigger area than I needed. Would be better if it only proceeded with a hotkey or had a configuration where you can set it to only go so big.

I'd still rather be just buying a "Bag of [crop] seeds" with 9, or "Giant Bag of [crop] seeds" with 24, that when used, threw them all out at once on the area around you, instead of out in front of you, and without the need to be "charged up" like a tool.

Tinybillow likes this.