Modding Help Mod Request: Mark Community Center Items

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Doomninja, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Doomninja

Doomninja Void-Bound Voyager

So I find it rather frustrating to go about swapping back and forth between the different packages to see the different materials required. Is it possible to make a mod that adds some sort of designation to all of the items that you will need for the community center? In my head I imagine a small black dot or star on the top right corner of each icon that indicates if it can be used in the community center (similar to the star that indicates quality).

Anyways, I don't know if this is possible or reasonable, maybe it would be better to just be a list on a notepad and keep it up on my screen.

ceren3216 likes this.
    • Zebracakes4me

Zebracakes4me Tentacle Wrangler

Hello Doomninja. I'm not a modder, but maybe this Stardew Valley link might assist you in the interim:

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Bundles

It shows you all the Community Center bundles, what each one requires, and even shows you the reward you get for completing each part.

• Doomninja

Doomninja Void-Bound Voyager

Figured that would probably be the best plan, probably too much work to go out and make a mod that accomplishes something I could do in a notepad. Thanks Zebracakes4me

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love a mod which does this, maybe even one which could do similar to the Item prices mod which shows which bundle an item belongs to when you hover.

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

Seconded!

• Seha

Seha Seal Broken

Ah yeah, I have some serious short memory issues. So I can never remember even what things are in bundles. lol

• TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

Can't you just pull up the bundle by clicking on the icon in the pause menu at any time?

• Zebracakes4me

Zebracakes4me Tentacle Wrangler

TheLoreSeeker, I would think that Doomninja is trying to accomplish 1 of 2 things (or maybe both)

1) Know in advance what items can be used for future bundles. Initially you do not see all bundles that are available until you complete parts of some. (For Instance: I had several fish Chub that I would sell and didn't realize I would need one for a bundle pack)

2) Having some kind of tick mark on the item so you know it's needed for a bundle (I know you can hit escape and see what's needed, but if you are looking at a chest of item...having to exit the chest to go to the bundle list and search for the bundle pack you are looking for could be an annoyance to some people.)

• wordsalads

wordsalads Void-Bound Voyager

This would be useful

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Heh same, didn't realize until my second year that you can submit items one at a time... I'd been saving all the bundle items in a chest and taking them over when I completed a set.

redrarebit likes this.
                      • Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this would be extremely easy to do, as all it requires is somebody to add an icon like a "B" to the sprite icons

the hardest part would be unpacking all the .xnb texture packs to find out which one contained all the fish/veggies/fruits/plants etc

• irrimn

irrimn Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes and no. I mean, it'd be nice if the mod itself tracked what bundle conditions have and have not been met, and would only 'mark' items that you still needed to put in a bundle.

So I mean, at the very minimum this could be a simple item icon mod and at the most this could be a context aware mod that highlighted or changed the item icons on-the-fly or with an overlay. And by context aware I mean, it could see which bundles you have 'unlocked' (so as to not give spoilers) and only highlight the items you KNOW you need (or have it configurable so that even if you haven't unlocked all of the bundles it would still highlight them).