Modding Help Mod Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Battle Bee, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

This is a thread! For requests! You can post all of your silly and completely unnecessary mod requests here, and hopefully, one of the awesome modders of Starbound will help you!

(Please disregard the first few posts in this thread, and don't question why.)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

1. Explain more please
    2. Can do
    3. IDK how to do it >.<

Battle Bee likes this.
  3. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

1- So I don't have to use a Gold Pick to make a Platinum Pick, and that to make a Diamond Pick, blablabla.
    2- Yay!
    3- Aww!

I also had yet ANOTHER request, but I forgot what it was. ;_;

4. intervencion

1. Got it

I'll work today in this.

Metalworkstation needs ironanvil, would you like to remove it?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Battle Bee likes this.
  5. Airavj

Airavj Void-Bound Voyager

Ohhh... While people are making requests and generous souls are devoting their time to fulfilling them, can I request a new version of the meteor shower reduction mod? The one that was discussed and released here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/turn-off-meteor-showers.59450/

Basically, meteor showers don't happen on certain biomes (grass, forest, jungle, desert, arid, snow), so as not to destroy all our hard-built constructions. Everyone keeps saying it's really simple to make this mod, but I've tried to follow the guides and I always get lost. I seem to have a disability or something when it comes to code - I just get instantly lost if I don't have someone sitting next to me, literally holding my hand as they walk me through it...

Most heartfelt thanks to anyone who can do this! I'm sure many people would enjoy it, since I've seen loads of threads with people complaining about meteor showers coming out of nowhere.

6. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Nah, I think that is fine. Gets rid of the now useless anvil.
    I want this as well! You know what, this may even be a requests megathread. xD

7. intervencion

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
  8. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

9. intervencion

Nerfed :p

10. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Thanks! Now I can actually mine cobblestone at the start of the game without feeling boredom.

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You missed the good ol days of starbound where matter manipulators did 3000 x 3000 size mining and Death stared planets.
    *sniff* good times, good times.

12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Do explain, please.
    Let's hear some stories.
    Or you know, PM it, so this thread doesn't go too off-topic.

13. intervencion

I've to try it xDDD

But no_error when picking background? I remember when I mod the stonepickaxe and I change the radial to 8 (before 4), then I pick background and ERROR!!

14. Airavj

15. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I wonder if I can make this thread something like a requests megathread, because there doesn't seem to be one.
    How can I do that?
    Probably for the better.

16. Airavj

Can you change the thread title to something like "small requests megathread?"

I actually finally figured out how to do it myself. It took me nearly an hour because of the way the files are packed now, but so far it seems to be working. Of course, it could take hours before the first meteor shower hits on a given planet, so it will be a long time before I'm sure it worked.

I'm happy to share the result, but I'm not sure how. I just replaced the packed.pak file with my revised one. If someone wants to give me directions on how to make it available to others without breaking anyone's game, I'm happy to do so.

17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Just put the files you modified in a folder, copy another mod's mod info file and modify it for your mod, put the entire thing into another folder and put it in the mods folder.
    I assume that would work.

Oh, and I cannot change the title myself.
    Can I request a title change to " Mod Requests Thread"? So people can post their small requests without clogging up the forum.

18. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Just PM one of the mods to do it for you.

19. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Alright, I shall do that.
    EDIT: Well, I can't really find a mod in this sub-forum, hilariously enough.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  20. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Lul you PMed me when I was busy with IRL stuff. Sorry!

Battle Bee likes this.