Modding Help Mod Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Battle Bee, Jan 31, 2014.

1. LegoRox12

LegoRox12 Void-Bound Voyager

:O :O :O it was as easy as that... you are amazing! :D

2. LegoRox12

Thank you! :D (this thread is awesome)

Battle Bee likes this.
  3. Airavj

Airavj Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to mod in an item to pick up containers and move them around without emptying them? Not to put them in the inventory, just grab them and put them back down in the same screen?

I'm going crazy trying to build and organize my base, but every time I want to move a container I have to empty my inventory, destroy it, pick up all the items, put down the container, then put the stuff back inside. Seems like it ought to be possible to just pick up a box and move it into the next room...

4. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

I misunderstand, Lego. (I read the MP yes, but can't :/ sorry)

5. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

That would probably require expert levels of coding.
    I am not sure if that is even possible with Starbound, although I have seen someone do it for Minecraft.

intervencion likes this.
  6. Shadoxx-Aurion

Shadoxx-Aurion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Smalls techs idea:
    - VVVVVV's gravity flip, as you can see here: (Disable jumping, and use one key to flip.)
    - Cave Story's Booster v2: Allows small dashes vertically and horizontaly with the jump key when you're jumping.

LegoRox12 and Battle Bee like this.
  7. LegoRox12

That would be amazing

8. JellyGem

JellyGem Starship Captain

Mod request: a mod that lets you keep pets on your ship and they will stay in the general area of where they are thrown/spawned (similar to a chef or whatnot) instead of teleporting to you.

I really want to make a zoo on my ship so that would be awesome! :3

9. Inurian

Inurian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My idea is... EXTREMELY ambitious, and I'd never be able to do it on my own, being I know nothing of LUA coding and have limited java experience and no artistic talent.... but Truly Customizeable Equipment. Be able to craft weapon PARTS from various materials at a special "Assembly station". Be able to add special items to them to change their effects, add a ton more possible weapon effects and statuses they can inflict, add tons more types than just the basic spears, hammers, swords and daggers, a ton more gun types, let players TRULY make a weapon they desire, limited only by their tier. I'm not going to lie, properly balancing this thing would be a ****, but it would be so AMAZING, and bring a real sense of creation to the game... a real sense of DOING SOMETHING with your materials.

10. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

Optional crafting mats? Can't.

Different recipes? Yes.

(IDK if I understand you, sorry)

11. Tim the Slipperman

Tim the Slipperman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1) Has anyone made any shorts for male characters to wear as vanity clothes? Not all of us are into wearing long pants, y'know. :p

2) Has anyone ever checked if there was a way to have an item permanently add additional MaxHealth points, like the Heart Crystals in Terraria do? I've had an idea rolling around in my mind about you can either find or craft Pieces of Heart (like in the Zelda games), and crafting four Pieces of Heart together would make a Heart Crystal, the use of which permanently adds between 1-5 points to the character's MaxHealth counter...

Just a couple ideas I've thought of that I haven't seen as mods yet...

12. Inurian

Inurian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So the API doesn't support that? Dang... that would have been AWESOME.

13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Not yet anyway

14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Is there any way to make the "Blocks" tab in the inventory act just like a second inventory page?
    Like, say, if my first inventory page is full, the items go there. And blocks don't go just there.

15. Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

Battle Bee, that's how mine works. If I run out of space with blocks, they spill to the items tab, and vice-versa. Do you mean to remove the block tab completely, so there are just two inventory tabs where everything mixes?

16. Airavj

Airavj Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to add more tabs to the inventory screen?

17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Yep. Remove the block tab completely, and have 2 pages of inventory space.

18. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

Is anyone planning on making a tool for editing planets or ships outside the game? As its own software?

19. LegoRox12

there are already tons of those. just google it! :D

20. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

I was able to find one, that one is expired.