Mod Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Dreypa, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Dreypa

Dreypa Void-Bound Voyager

Just a couple suggestions that I thought would either be cool and / or easy to implement. I have 0 modding skills but thought someone with experience might like the idea to brainstorm one of there own or to roll with.

Furniture :

Hat Rack : A simple hat rack that you could place and display various hats you've acquired. Artwork should be relatively easy for someone experienced in this department. Could be standing and hanging hat rack.

Produce / Display stand : Simple stands you could place produce or other vanity items upon for display purposes inside the home and on the farm. Would be a nice aesthetic in my opinion.

Animals :

Llama , could use sheep base with a new sprite. Possibly create a re textured drop or recolored version of sheep wool for its resource reward. As in real life could make llamas extremely expensive ingame (100,000?) and the wool be extremely valuable but produce sparcely. Would add some end-game diversity
    Housed in barn but would be cool for a unique building, possibly too much work.

Machines :

Large Keg / Fermentation Tank Work similar to the kegs but have an input cost of 5-10 and produce 2.5x input at 2x regular brew time of keg. Reason I request this is large keg farms can take up numerous space. Would be happy to see this implemented in a 4x4 model this saving 60% of potential tile usage.
    Probably be finicky to get it to work and would require all input be of the same quality so might be a PITA.
    Could open cool possibilities if you could multi-input and create interesting brews.

Soup kettle A spit or soup kettle you could add multiple ingredients to to get multiple quantity of a special meal recipe out of it.

Ichimatsu and Superior_s like this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Adding new furniture, animals or machines to the game is currently really hard, like, "great chance it'd be the only mod you can then use" level hard.

Give us a few weeks more and it'll be possible, but atm its just not an easy thing to do (Blame the serializer, its what causes most of the issues)

Ichimatsu and Superior_s like this.
      • Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

I want an alpaca mod but I can't mod or do pixel art I'd love to see llamas too!!!

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

With a help with a prominent awesome girl modder, we put together a farmstand for personal use. Possibly in the future I might put a release thread, or her, if she's ok with it since she did most of the grunt work after hours of failure of my grunt work trying to add it to the farm map next to the shipping crate.

I just came up with the initial layout and set up and was dead set on trying to do it.