Modding Help Modded Starbound crashes when opening the crafting menu in admin mode.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DrDings, Nov 15, 2022.

1. DrDings

DrDings Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and I are playing a modded Starbound. We haven't been having any issues with our modlist but just yesterday we tried adding a couple mods and taking a few others out. We created new characters and after loading in my friend figures out that he keeps crashing upon opening his crafting menu when in admin mode but nothing else.
    The error in the log has something to do with missing an "invisiblematerial".
    I'm quite confused as to what could be causing this issue and if anyone can assist that'd be great. I've uploaded the starbound.log file so y'all can take a look. If you need a modlist I can do that as well.

Attached Files:

2. DrDings

Dunno if bumps are allowed but the issue is still happening even after some workshop updates. We still have zero idea what is causing this problem.
    Neither of us can play with our mods until this gets sorted out and any kind of help would be appreciated.

3. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This is what's causing your crash... [20:26:27.201] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) No such item 'invisiblematerial'
    That means a mod you're using is trying to load an item that doesn't exist and crashes because of it. You need to remove the mod causing this to get your game working again.

4. DrDings

"The error in the log has something to do with missing an "invisiblematerial"." <- I posted that in my original post knowing that is my issue. I don't know what mod is causing the problem to make it crash is my problem.

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I think the best thing to do is to remove the newly added mods one by one until you don't crash. You can add all the other mods back in once you find which mod is causing it.

6. KindlesRune

KindlesRune Space Hobo

Could you patch in a custom asset replacement mod for the "invisiblematerial" in question? If you can determine what type of asset and where it goes then it's possible I think. If you can you'd be able to at least play and do further testing and see where further issues may lie.

Or like Pangaea said, uninstall the mods and go through them one by one until the culprit is found.