Modding Help Modding Help on Pixel Art

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ComradePierre, Dec 17, 2017.

1. ComradePierre

ComradePierre Void-Bound Voyager

bear.jpg [​IMG]

Hi guys, I've recently started modding Starbound and would like to try my hand with creating new races... I've tinkered around the skittles template by Dr.Pvt Skittles, but I have had no luck with making my own pixel art- I kind of suck at art. I had been wanting to create an anthropomorphic race of scientific bears (called Ursines) who hail from planets or a group of planets they call the Republic of Ursus. They prefer to live in snowy, mountainous regions and have become experts in mining ore- lately, ever since discovering other intelligent races (they were late in the space race), they've come to provide their expertise to others (Ursa Miner). Although a peaceful and technologically advanced race, they do not shy away from wars; with what they lacked in building spacefaring ships, they made up with the most brutal weapons in existence- instead of using ballistic weapons, they use railguns. Design philosophy for them could be explained in this sentence, "Pragmatic, crudely high-tech yet effective, why do you guys always have to use HUGE guns?!" Although melee weapons are quite a fashion as well, especially HUGE swords. Ursine clothing would be a mixture of metal plating, cybernetics, and cloth, otherwise they just have their fur and some shirts that would actually fit their huge bodies. Subraces of Ursines would be Polars (White fur), Grizzlys (Brown fur), Pandas (Black and white), and Black.

An average Ursine would be somewhat of an Apex in nature; they are inquisitive, curious, ignorant of other customs, yet have only but a few words to say about a lot of things.

Anyhow, I really would appreciate any help in the pixel art department! Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Its going to be rough trying to mod a sprite based game if you can't make your own sprites.

You will be hard pressed to find someone willing to do race sprites. They require quite a bit of work, god forbid you want special armor sprites too.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.