Mods stop working

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Biofreak192, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Biofreak192

Biofreak192 Void-Bound Voyager

soo i update my stardew velly game to the lastest build and update the smapi, but now for some reason is unable to load the mods in the mods folder, like all of them, and i don't know what i could have done work, the mods were working before i decide to update

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

You need to update your mods as well.

• Biofreak192

i went out to update, and still doesn't work

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

SMAPI versions 0.39.3, 0.39.4, and 0.39.5 are not backwards compatible with mods made for SMAPI version 0.39.2.

If a someone or a modder wants update their mods to the newer SMAPI versions, you have to do the following:

For GraphicsEvents, DrawTicks is deprecated. Use one of the OnPreRender or OnPostRender methods.

For rendering over game stuff, use OnPreRenderEvent, OnPreRenderGuiEvent, or OnPreRenderHudEvent.

For rendering over game UI (menus and stuff), use OnPostRenderEvent, OnPostRenderGuiEvent, or OnPostRenderHudEvent.

It doesn't matter which of the three you use; I found that they all render on the same layer regardless. Zoryn said that they're slowly making progress on this.

Then remove any zoom scaling (ex. Game1.options.zoomLevel * x) because now SMAPI does all that stuff for you. I was kinda bummed out about this because it took me awhile to figure out how to rescale for zoom, but textures look a lot better now when they resize.

Next, go to the method that you're adding to GraphicsEvents, and remove SpriteBatch.Begin() and SpriteBatch.End().

And that should be it for GraphicsEvents stuff. I don't know about the other events because I haven't tested them.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
          • Biofreak192

any plant for a newer version to be backward compatible?

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

SMAPI doesn't have much backwards compatibility right now because it's still Alpha; it's changing a lot with every update. But eventually mods will still be backwards compatible with newer versions of SMAPI. We just have to be patient :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
              • Biofreak192

also i discover why the mods didn't work, i was installing them the old way, with only the dll instead of the whole folder, my bad :whoop: