RELEASED Monster insect replacements: Butterflies, Jetpack bunnies and Dragons; Oh my!

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Vixxi, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

VIXXI'S MONSTER REPLACERS :3
    Pets thread: Russian Blue, fireball, jack-o-lantern- Current WIP's Metroid, Double head (Silent Hill) and Schrodinger's cat.
    Mounts thread: Mounts (Wolf, crystal horse, Fox and others) Current WIPS: Tiger mount.
    Livestock thread: Skeletal Pig and fun Easter colors
    Miscellaneous thread - New modern grocery chest and WIP wood replacements.
    SpoopyValley thread: All kinds of spooky, creepy replacers for the game. WIPS only for now

INSTALLATION DIRECTIONS:

ALWAYS back up any files you are replacing. Make a folder called "Stardew valley mods and back ups" and put it on a drive or on your desk top.
    To install mods:

1. Copy the .xnb file(s) it to "Characters" then "monsters" under Content in C: programfiles(86) steam/Steamapps/Common/Stardew Valley
    2. Click "ok" when it asks you if you want to replace and load up your game.
    3. Note: (If you have your game open while replacing files, the changes will not take place till you start up your game again.)
    If you have any questions, or instructions anywhere here are not clear, feel free to ask!

So I saw a request to change the monsters up a bit since I think we can all agree, that grub is gross.

So, for those who don't like bugs much, I made some replacements!

Most people like butterflies, even if they are insects, so here are replacements for the bug and armored bug

2016-04-09 13_40_39-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png 2016-04-09 13_46_09-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png
    Monarch.png Emporer.png

Download

Replacement for the grub and fly
    Jet pack bunny! Credit for idea: TheCatUnderTheSink and korbawest

2016-04-09 15_38_11-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png 2016-04-09 15_37_37-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png
    Jetpack bunny.png Jetpack flying bunny.png

Download

And for those who wanted something a little more fitting to the world, a caterpillar to replace the grub.

2016-04-09 12_04_24-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png
    Caterpillar.png

Download

Dragons to replace the Serpent!

Fire
    2016-04-09 21_26_25-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png
    Fire dragon.png

Download

Ice

2016-04-09 21_34_45-Stardew Valley - Version 1.07-Z_MODDED _ SMAPI 0.38.6 Alpha.png
    Ice dragon.png

Download

TO DO:​

Replace the fly to a moth to go with the caterpillar or maybe another butterfly.

As always, any recolors you would like me to do are always welcome!​

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    • korbawest

korbawest Void-Bound Voyager

Love these thank you vixxi!:catface:

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

You are super welcome! Let me know if there are any weird stray pixels or issues, otherwise, enjoy! :party:

• RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

These are great, I especially like the caterpillar! Unfortunately I'd feel bad killing caterpillars and butterflies because I'm a bug lover, so I'll have to give your mod a pass. Now if they were cockroaches, mosquitoes and gnats I would be all over that.

Vixxi likes this.
          • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I have no problem with the default in-game monsters, but when I saw these I just couldn't pass them up. The bunny just makes me think of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, thinking of that bunny with a jetpack, it's hilarious and terrifying. These are fantastic.

Vixxi and RoastedCoconutz like this.
            • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I could totally do that! Ooh, what about wasp variants for the bug and armored bug? It would make sense that it hurts when you hit them.
              Oh, yes, a mosquito for sure to replace the fly. Even more annoying and the sound it makes would make so much sense.
              I'll definitely get to work on this.
              Oh my, the work is piling up! Haha, it may take a while.

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Haha! It does doesn't it? Glad you like them! Let me know if there are any problems!

• RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

Now those are all bugs I'd be happy to swat! I'll be playing this game for quite some time so no rush, and thanks. :)

• NayrAnur

NayrAnur Void-Bound Voyager

I thought I was the only one.