WIP Monster Valley - New Character Portraits! - Updated 4/7

Discussion in 'Mods' started by JinxMinx, Apr 1, 2016.

?

What should Abigail be? ( design previews at bottom of first post! )

Poll closed Apr 7, 2016.
  1. Arachne

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Troll

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Dragon

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  1. Ribbonain

Ribbonain Big Damn Hero

Maybe make Iris a fire elemental, Haley a harpy :eek:

Monster ideas fallen angel, Satyr, zombie, ghost, a naga, spider person. I see there is allot dragon requests just trying to add in bit more variety ^^.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    • staypuft1983

staypuft1983 Yeah, You!

Any word on if this is still being done yet? would love to see it finished its great work.

• AshesNeigh

AshesNeigh Void-Bound Voyager

This is a super cool mod!! Having a 'monster stared valley would be super fun, can't wait to see your other designs! Now I just need some more gothic buildings to set the scene lol

• Kiakakash

Kiakakash Orbital Explorer

I love this idea <3 Although, I can't figure out who Iris is. I've never met a character named Iris, and I'm not finding anything on the wiki...

• Destany89

Destany89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

who is iris?

• robogena

robogena Orbital Explorer

Not sure if this is okay to post here, but since I've been jonesing for new monster portraits, I went ahead and made some of my own using Jinxminx's list of suggestions!

[​IMG]
              Maru is an adorable patchwork doll with yarn hair, button eyes, and skin that may or may not have been acquired under suspicious circumstances. Comes with both regular and hospital-flavor Maru. The nose, glasses, eyebrows, and some lips on the portraits were yoinked from peachitto's Maru since I use hers in my game and I love it. The hospital outfit was also from another spritesheet but unfortunately I forgot whose it was. :C
              [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD

[​IMG]
              Jas is a werecat, but looks more like a boring catgirl... ehhhh...
              [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD

[​IMG]
              I also updated Shane to be 1.1-friendly! Both his regular and his Jojamart sprites are included in this zip for convenience, but the Jojamart sprites are still the same version from the initial update.
              [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD

Downloads are arranged the same way as the originals; portrait .xnbs go in the portrait folder and character .xnbs go in the characters folder. Please note that I have not tested these in-game yet so if they look horribly broken or stupid, please let me know!​

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
              • zyrick2690

zyrick2690 Void-Bound Voyager

my Stardew Halloween is gonna be so lit because of this omg!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Robojena, your work is wonderful but maybe you should make your own thread, just to keep everything organised. And in case you want to add more re-textures, you can always update your own thread.
                  Just bare in mind to credit JinxMinx, since your re-textures came from her own thread!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
                  • Megumin

Megumin Guest

lol, only i noticed? in portraits of Jody and Sam they're looks like papyrus and sans

• robogena

robogena Orbital Explorer

Oh my gosh thank you, I was wondering if this should have been its own thread or not! I'll get one set up.

ETA: Whoops, just realized that I never linked to the continuation thread!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
                      • blissful_momo

blissful_momo Orbital Explorer

It would be cool to have like a jack o'lantern scarecrow character.

• AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Harzelora likes this.
                        • Junesong

Junesong Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance you'll be expanding this amazing mod to Bachelorettes-to-Bachelors? ^_^

• Lyrina25

Lyrina25 Void-Bound Voyager

Bookmarking this for when you get Leah done~
                            Can you put individual files up for download?

• klo167

klo167 Void-Bound Voyager

it might make it much easier if you kept the whole pack as a single download but also keep them seperate for people who want that as well
                              I also can help with leah portraits

davidhedrick413 likes this.
                              • krizpp

krizpp What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

this is soooo cool i love it!!