1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mooshi/milk and Hens/eggs: production rate

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Steamarrowe, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Steamarrowe

Steamarrowe Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,
    this is probably a duplicate, but I couldn't find the information I was looking for through the search function.

How long does it take mooshis and hens to produce milk or eggs respectively? I need the information for better farm management.

I don't know how to access the game files and how to search for the relevant information in them, so this is why I'm asking here. You may also just post a link to the relevant information and don't need to reiterate it here if you don't want to.

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Mooshi have a "harvestTime" of [500,900] which I think means something happens at 500 and 900 of whatever time scale starbound uses.

Hens have the same harvestTime of [500,900].

I can't find any information on what these numbers mean yet, but I'll update this if I figure it out.

EDIT: Well, the official wiki refers to food rot numbers as seconds, so I guess that these are 500 seconds and 900 seconds, or 8.33333 minutes and 15 minutes. Maybe each time is when the animal might become harvestable, and Starbound randomly chooses between the two times?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  3. Steamarrowe

Steamarrowe Void-Bound Voyager

You're right, those are seconds. Thanks for the data. I'll try to find out what each one stands for. For crops, it's the minimum and max harvest time, but it might be different for farm animals. I'll look into it when I have the chance.