Suggestion More Ai Control

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Koradris, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Koradris

Koradris Big Damn Hero

Hey All!

I was making a campaign that focused a lot on story and in this one map of the campaign, there's bandits that somehow got a Warship and they're using it to attack a neutral village, so the heroes have to kill it before it does too much damage... However, the only thing that can take down this Warship is a single Trebuchet owned by one of your Ai allies and said Ai chooses to not attack the Warship sometimes when you play the map, even after setting the Trebuchet to ignore it's own safety...

What I wanted to suggest is more control over what you can make the Ai do, for more story driven maps.
    For example: Ai to follow a scripted path and do scripted things; such as purchasing certain units if a set criteria is met, capturing certain structures that can be set on a higher priority, and killing and/or focusing on certain enemy units/structures before going after other ones.

• Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree with you there. It can be frustrating when an allied AI does something that you don't want it to do. Perhaps a "Priority Target" tag to signify to the AI that a particular unit should be eliminated (if an enemy) or saved (if allied) at all costs.

Case in point: My games listed below have an allied AI Dragon unit that is one-of-a-kind. The AI being as it is, however, doesn't do a good job of protecting it. Result: Both AI allies lose their dragons before turn 11. Sad, really.

Map 1, version 1:
      RXMVSBTG
      Map 1, version 2 (Labeled 1.5):
      XKWJDJVV
      Map 3, version 3 (Labeled 1.6):
      BTXT4RLM