1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More CrittersNScenery 2.0 official release

Adds new scenery and 170+ new catchable critters to various biomes

1. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey! :) Just noticed you were using altered flyingmonster.lua for several critters. In order to avoid code fragmentation, it would be a better idea to place the altered script somewhere else, because right now you have six identical copies of it. I'd suggest to move it to /monsters/ directory and rename it to voicedflyingmonster.lua (I see it adds attack sound code from flyingmonster.lua that was written by LoPhatKao for Dragon Boss).

2. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

cool thing, i like this mod a lot! reporting a bug: catching normal fish critter gives me a PGI.

3. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Came across a couple of issues with the new FU compatibility files: Loading a fungal world failed due to 'brownsnailcritter' not being found -- biome patch should probably refer to 'brownsnail' instead (works that way at least, as there is a MC critter with that name). Similarly, a world with a FU forest biome fails to load with the same error, except the missing critter there is 'TEMP_quibblecritter', which probably just needs to have the underscore removed, as there is a critter named 'TEMPquibblecritter'.

MrChow likes this.
  4. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

5. chean

Squid and Jellies drop PGI's currently, due to squidaquarium and jellyaquarium being listed for them in the treasurepools file (should be squidtank and jellytank).

6. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 updated More Critters with a new update entry:

Fixes and more critters

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. chean

Came across another issue with MoreCritters in a FU biome; force-teleported back to ship due to 'TEMP_icescabcritter' not being found. Looking at the files, should be just 'icescabcritter', I suppose. Edit: nope, that also doesn't work. I see icescabcritter is listed among the vanilla critters, but there isn't such a critter in my packed.pak; is it only in the nightly build, perhaps?

Oh, and the biome patch file for primeval forest still has that broken TEMP_quibblecritter reference (fixed for arboreal and arboreal2 one or two patches ago).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  8. ThunderBird123

9. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

hey, while i can now capture most (still not all ;) ) critters, it's impossible to catch them in the normal Your Starbound Crew manner. The mod has it's own item to catch them (critter net), but when i catch them with it, it spawns the cages/aquaria of your mod, not the intended 'petrified' versions for YSBC. But these are needed for quest progression there. So, as you already dealt with that mod obviously, could you make only the bug net catch them, or maybe just create your own catching utility? That would be really nice! :)
    Besides that, your mod is really enjoyable to me!

10. ThunderBird123

I attempted to make a separate net with its own damage type, but it didn't work. But, you can simply remove the "Vanilla Critter Cages" mod, and it should work with Your Starbound Crew.

11. chean

A typo in savannah.biome.patch currently, uncommonarmaillocritter instead of uncommonarmadillocritter; causes the force-teleport-to-ship on affected planets.

12. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

Bug Net is not working? Nothing happens when I hit them.

13. ThunderBird123

I'd need more information. Did you hit them once? Did you try hitting them multiple times? What other mods do you have installed? Were you trying to catch critters from another mod? Did your log give any errors?

14. Preacher

I hit multiple critters, the red black bird, some fishes, all of the snow and ocean biome critters in general actually. I hit them like 20 times and nothing happened, on all of them, killing them with a sword was just like normal. 15 DMG and dead with 1 hit. But the net shows the hitting sound and animation, but then nothing happens, they just walk as usual. I just have race mods installed, nothing even close to critters or something, log is too full, gotta check that later.

15. Preacher

Nevermind, wtf im stupid, never happened before. I guess it was too early. I didn't even install the mod correctly but thought I did.. I guess it works perfect, when I install it properly :)

16. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

I've got a problem here. A garden world only spawns with your critters and no monsters.

17. ThunderBird123

18. Preacher

Would it be possible to make the captured / stuffed critters animated in some way? Or at least a smaller version of them? Behind the glass, some critters look odd or you cant see them properly, and when you have many they take ALOT of space for people like me who only use their ship.

19. ScreamingCommie

ScreamingCommie Void-Bound Voyager

So im using this mod with your starbound crew, and the vanilla bug net does not capture critters while YSC's critter net caps critters fine but crashes when I try to cap critters from this mod with it. May be incompatible with it

20. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

[00:44:43.989] Error: WorldServerThread exception caught: (MapException) Key 'blackquirrelcritter' not found in Map::get()

Oh that pesky black squirrel...