1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

More crossover potential

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dark Guard ..., Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
?

Crossover DLC?

1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No. This is a bad idea.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Undecided.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Dark Guard ...

Dark Guard ... Space Hobo

It seems that people are upset with Florans in the new game, "Wargroove". My initial understanding was that Nuru was going to be an easter egg. After playing the game, Florans and Nuru are very clearly a main part of the game. In my mind, this cements the idea that the two games are in the same Universe. Despite Chucklefish's horrid track record in terms of communication and remaining active on titles, I still think it'd be nice to discuss 1:1 crossover ideas. In practice, we might not be able to depend on Chucklefish to do something like this.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past, but I just got here and couldn't pick up this exact thread in the search.

Would anyone consider it appealing to play as Starbound races in Wargroove or even have the Felheim Legion as the new baddies in Starbound? The Ruin cultists are done and their absence will have created a power vacuum.

Even having a system where achievements in one game unlock something in the other game seems like a good idea to me. Being awarded a pet Gloom Giant in Starbound after destroying 1,000 Gloom Giants on your account or a Trebuchet in Starbound for something similar are some examples.

Let me know how you would further entwine these two titles or explain why it's a horrible idea.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I guess that is not a bad idea. Considering how Starbound has gone too long without updates. Basically, anything that might improve Starbound I agree.

3. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

As long as it works - don't bat an eye, will ya?

My personal wish is to see every race from Starbound featured in one of Chucklefish's future installments. Hylotls, I'll be waiting for you.