Suggestion More Customizable

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by k_gamer2, May 13, 2018.

?

Should there be an option to whether or not players' money be separate?

1. Yes, absolutely!

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. No, that's not right.

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. k_gamer2

k_gamer2 Space Hobo

I have some ideas for multiplayer! I would like these ideas to be an option.

-whether or not you each have your own separate farms in the world
    -whether or not you share money

And if you make players' money seperase, then make it where players can trade, buy, and sell with each other.

• Myrkana

Myrkana Void-Bound Voyager

What you want is not what Stardew Valley's multiplayer is about. Stardew valley is a coop multiplayer, not a versus multiplayer. The idea is that you're helping each other on this one farm.

k_gamer2 likes this.
      • k_gamer2

k_gamer2 Space Hobo

That's where the trade and buying and selling comes in. If the players are trading they're helping each other out.

• Myrkana

not really, then its a versus where only I benefit from selling you these items. One player growing 200 melons does not benefit the other players because they have to buy.... buying and selling between players does not fit in with cooperation.

• k_gamer2

k_gamer2 Space Hobo

But say someone is in need of a crop they didn't plant for a quest, what if one player is tryin to marry another but doesn't have a wedding ring and someone else does but they don't need it, and what if one person needs energy food but and the other has some but doesn't need it and they could use some money to buy seeds to plant? That's where trade and buy/sell comes in for the players to cooperate together.

• k_gamer2

k_gamer2 Space Hobo

And besides even if players don't prefer to buy and sell thats why it's always an option before you create the world.

• Myrkana

yes but your option makes no sense for the nature of the multiplayer here.... coop means you work together not make profit off each other....

• k_gamer2

k_gamer2 Space Hobo

That is what coop means but this is also called multiplayer. And what if some players in the future want to compete to see who can make the most profit? Then you have the option to do it.

• Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Star Wrangler

I like the idea of having a separate money game mode. What they could do is add a shipment bin for each house. You get what you sell. Chests, furnaces etc, are active to the farmer who built it. Crops and animals only respond to the owner.

People are gonna do this anyways. We're going to divide up the land and say "you get this section, and I get this section" and then we do whatever we want independently.

I don't have a problem with the existing settings, but that is likely how my friends and I will wind up playing. We'll probably start arguing over who gets to spend the shared money because we don't have independent funds and bicker over who is doing the majority of the work.

That's why a way to play completely coop and semi-coop is appealing to me.

k_gamer2 likes this.
                    • k_gamer2

k_gamer2 Space Hobo

Thankyou for explaining this for me. This is exactly why they need to add it to be customizable. My brother and I play exactly like that trying to make it like that.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you are doing a survey and you are not trying to skew the results there is a rule. Always add an option of something to the effect of Don't Care, Don't Know, Does not affect me. Without it you have very skewed results either because of poor numbers or confusing participants

Look at the numbers

203 views 10 replies, 15 votes. The vast majority of people interested enough in the topic to read the post did not vote. That does a few things. You are sampling too small of an audience. That can be misconstrued as the site not having a representative audience. That can be misconstrued as a tiny fraction representing a significant number

Last edited: May 29, 2018