More flexible clothing animations?

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by ReijiGazpacho, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

Lately I've been looking into the idea of making Penguins playable, and I can easily work around the fact that they're smaller than humans.
    However, the fact that their heads/bodies rotate while moving makes it impossible to animate clothing on them properly, unless I push everything into the "pants" slot.
    For the most part, I'd like for the "chest" and "head" sheets to allow the same amount of frames that are already present for the "pants" sheet, so things like this can be made on their own.
    [​IMG]
    And if it's not too much to ask, it would also be great if one item could have a different appearance based on which race is wearing it. That way we don't need to, say, make a "Penguin Wizard Hat" as a separate item.
    This has limited application for the 7 vanilla races, but would open up new possibilities for modders wanting to make new, non-humanoid races.

2. Wingidon

Wingidon Phantasmal Quasar

If it's what I think it is, it would basically mean that with this we can have hats or helms with waving feathers.
    Yes.

3. Mewandmewtwo5

Mewandmewtwo5 Big Damn Hero

It'd be a great idea to make Penguins Playable! I remember I downloaded a penguin Re adder mod, and couldn't play the game right because there was no teleportation sequence, soI only got to getting on my ship, but if you manage to make a mod with Penguins that allowed me to play further, I'd pretty much use it all the time!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016