More race's, Such as The Penguins or frogg

Discussion in 'Other' started by SuperTacos298, Mar 12, 2017.

?

Would you want froggs or penguins as a race?

1. Froggs

2. Penguins

3. Both

4. none

5. Argans!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SuperTacos298

SuperTacos298 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think you should add the penguins or frog as playable races and put more storyline about them you guys are realy good at doing that but I just think there should be more about them. Like where they came from, were they involved in any thing with the protectorate.

Ygrek likes this.
  2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Having them as playable races wouldn't be possible, because then they wouldn't be able to wear anything that the normal races could wear. I do agree, though, that there should be more backstory about the Penguins and Froggs.

Ygrek likes this.
  3. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Well if you like using mods, you can try my PenguinPiracyMod.

One of it's features is giving the option for playable penguins. It does a bunch of other neat stuff too.

On the topic of playable penguins in vanilla?...

I don't see it happening any time soon. I've heard there was an april fools joke a long time ago where they were "playable", but other than that...

What Jerln said does stand. Chucklefish would have to implement alternative armor and cosmetics fitted JUST for the penguin's unique proportions.. (In my mod, I had to add wearable hiding clothing so they could get the benefits of gear without the... "visual weirdness".)

In general, I just don't see it happening on the official level anytime soon. (If they were to even do it at all)

Ygrek likes this.
  4. SuperTacos298

Thx ManicRykkler This Is my first post and I did it on a short amount of time so please excuse it if it has a tediousness.

And yes I have tried your mod and it did not work? I used a character extender, could I have some more specific instructions for It?

P.s. I love the storyline and how you made it fit the protectorate storyline, and I like everything about it although I could not get it to work.

Ygrek likes this.
  5. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Did you know that the Froggs are simply NPCs in a Frogg costume? Same goes for the Alpaca and the Argans.

Ygrek likes this.
  6. SuperTacos298

Yes I do but I would like them to be in still.

P.s. I will not be responding that much anymore.

Ygrek likes this.
  7. Ygrek

Ygrek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mushrooms are nice! I would like to have some reptile (Reptile wins!) or insect (Dr. Fly :rofl:) race in some further version of Starbound. ;)