1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More Saplings For Starbound 1.2.2

EVERY tree in the game now drops 2 saplings or more, even the ones that never dropped a sapling

1. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

KateisLost submitted a new mod:

More Saplings - All trees now drop 2 saplings minimum

Read more about this mod...

2. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like having the saplings back for all kinds of trees! However, you forgot the "alienfruit" as drops from the "aliencircle" variant of the alien tree. Added it in for personal usage. I also like that we can now have oshrooms, would love to have the different plants of the bioluminescence minibiome, too! They are just looking really alien, so I could spice up my buildings/surroundings/farms with a bit more extraterrestrial flavour! :)

3. KateisLost

Glad you like the extra saplings!

I don't think 'alienfruit" ever dropped from the "aliencircle" trees, only from the "alienbigleaf" trees. I could change that though if you think it's a good idea for both of them to drop the "alienfruit".

I plan on adding something to do with the bioluminescence plants to the mod, not quite sure what I want to do with them though, maybe make them printable like the Oshrooms or maybe craftable with the fibers they drop.

green3y3 likes this.
  4. KateisLost

KateisLost updated More Saplings with a new update entry:

I'm learning to patch!

Read the rest of this update entry...

green3y3 likes this.
  5. green3y3

The latest update gives me a crash, something about crystallinemodularfoliage.
    I uninstalled the mod and installed the first version of it - works fine. Seems to be related with recent changes.

6. KateisLost

Hmmmm, I'll look into that. Thanks for reporting it! Are you using any other mods?

7. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, just stopping by to let you know of a cleaner way to patch saplings into most of the trees. This injects a sapling drop directly into an already existing dropConfig entry.

Code:
    [
    {
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/dropConfig/drops/0/-",
    "value": { "item" : "sapling", "count": 2 }
    }
    ]
    You would do this for the modularstem file patches, since most foliage types don't have a dropConfig entry. This way, if something is changed in a foliage file (or a stem file) your mod would still take effect, without potentially conflicting with those changes.

8. KateisLost

I'll have to try this, sounds like it should work better than how I patched it.

9. green3y3

I use a lot of mods, but all work fine for your first mod version. The only mod that does something with trees is FrackinUniverse,. Lots of people here use it, you might want to look in that for compability. But as said, they used to work fine together.

10. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

This version doesn't work for me. At all.

:( I tried to fix it with the ones you missed, but it still didn't work on some of them. Too many things are wrong.

I do use Frakin' Universe....
    which means I can't use this mod I guess? :(
    -Sevi

11. KateisLost

I haven't tried Frakin' Universe yet, just haven't had the time. I will check out the compatibility between the two though, I would hate for my mod not to work with it.

12. KateisLost

What where the things you fixed? And what is wrong? Can you post your error log?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  13. KateisLost

I think I figured out the crystallinemodularfoliage error. Seems Frakin' Universe changes the same file and conflicts so I changed it to work together. Hope this fixes things for everyone that uses Frakin' Universe( which I think is almost everyone)

14. KateisLost

green3y3 likes this.
  15. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Just FYI, The fix seems to have worked, at least as far as the crashing on startup. Will let you know if I run into any other problems that seem to arise between this and Frackin Universe. :)

16. KateisLost

Thank you! I would love the feedback if you find anything

17. shadowd15

shadowd15 Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't seem to get it to work-- and what's more, the starbound logs are giving me no pointers as to why. The mod seems to be loading fine. But none of the fancy trees (crystal and the icey ones being the ones i've tried) seem to be dropping any saplings. Am I supposed to move to a different planet system before it works, or is something just screwy on my end?

18. KateisLost

Any planets that you visited before installing this mod will not have trees that are effected by this mod. You will have to visit all new planets for this mod to work.

19. shadowd15

shadowd15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahh, thanks. That's good to know.

20. KateisLost