1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mousqutaire b1.32

A race of exiled musketeer mice. With almost every feature of a vanilla species and more.

1. the420urchin

the420urchin Pangalactic Porcupine

the420urchin submitted a new mod:

Mousqutaire - A race of exiled musketeer mice.

Read more about this mod...

StarScorcher and comb like this.
  2. the420urchin

3. Queen Chrysalis

Queen Chrysalis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my lord. This is amazing! Keep it up. :)

Perhaps have some cheese accessories?

the420urchin likes this.
  4. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Big Damn Hero

All I can think of when I read about this mod is Redwall

5. DeffreyJahmer

DeffreyJahmer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your Mousqutaires look adorable! It looks like someone brought Beatrix Potter's art into Starbound

I'm looking forward to future updates! :)

6. the420urchin

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, I took inspiration from many sources, but a large portion of idea concept would probably go to Reepicheep from the Chronicle of Narnia. Though I can't say I'm not familiar with Beatrix Potter's work as well. It kinda all has a nostalgic feeling to it.

7. DeffreyJahmer

At first sight I thought you were going for some kind of furry steampunk-scifi angle there.... which wouldn't be bad in any way, don't worry. You know, like Childrens Book art mixed with a deep sci-fi scenario or something like that ^^

I'd like to see some more of this anthropomorphic critter stuff, please!

Btw what was/is your inspiration and/or concept for this race? Do you plan to expand it in terms of adding other animals (Squirrels, Frogs, Salamander, Bunny etc.) or a homeplanet with houses inside giant trees or mushrooms and that kinda thing, but with mdoern technology? Wow, I'm really drifting away here :rofl:

8. the420urchin

I drew inspiration from many sources, but the story itself heavily draws from the french musketeers of the cardinal. I am a fiction writer and just kinda created my own twist on their history and set it in a planet suitable for a mouse race. It will be more of a natural industrial theme, heavily involving the hemp plant as it is a renewable and natural resource with hundreds of uses.

Im glad your liking it so far, I'm not sure what other races I intend to do at the moment. My only other thought on races is a Time Lord race but that would be dependent on me being able to randomize racial looks on respawn and I don't think it can be done, at least not by me. Their is already the merchant frog race established though in cannon and someone else is working on a mod for them as well as the agaran, so I would recommend checking that out though it's not released yet. I believe there is also a bunny race mod as well.

9. DeffreyJahmer

I like that you (I don't care for the reason) include the hemp plant. Just to get this out of the way ^^

I'm sorry, but I can't recall what TimeLords are (or where they're from). Any recommendations?

Btw this....

[​IMG]

....just in space was kinda what I first thought you wanted to do (well, only with just mice of course :D)

You got any fiction of yours, you could share or will you reveal the backstory through the game itself?

10. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

I love the Musketeer background on this one. I shall be the Count of Monterrey Cristo.

the420urchin likes this.
  11. StarScorcher

StarScorcher Void-Bound Voyager

This sounds like a great mod so I installed it, but just one question. Are there villages and/or any way that you can get their swords in game as an apex? I want to play as them but I'm not able too because I already am playing as an apex. So are there any vendors, etc that I'd be able to buy some of the weapons from?

12. the420urchin

Hi, thanks for the download. I amcurrently working on dungeons, it's a little overwhelming so I'm just taking a minute to figure stuff out. Hopefully I will have a simple village set up soon so some recipes and items can be found. Until then you can always create one and then transfer it over by placing it in a chest then flying over with your main to the same planet and grabbing it from the chest.

Oh, and Time Lords are from Doctor Who, it's the Doctors race of people.

13. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

With dungeon making, starstructor is a great helpful program. Also, I'd be happy to help along!

14. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

"It's not a Mouseketeer uniform... but it's close."

EDIT: So apparently I was actually thinking of Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds when I put this outfit together, rather than the Mouseketeers. No matter!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    CaptainKobold likes this.
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It kinda reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition.

16. the420urchin

17. Deadcoffee

Deadcoffee Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!
    The mod is awesome, I love the sprites and items. I only have a suggestion and a question... about the colors.
    Firstly I'd like to suggest a brighter shade of grey fur to be added, aaaand... I didn't like something about the skin colors. I'm not sure what it is but it seems like the colors are a bit unnatural or oversaturated maybe? Like, there is pink but it's so bright that it doesn't go well with any kind of fur.
    Now the question: would it be of any use for you if I made pictures with specific color suggestions? Along with color codes maybe?

Another thing are outfits - some of them have parts of fixed colors and something was bugging me a lot about it. They were blue and it felt weird that there was no option to change its color or remove it, like an accessory. I'd have to consider what's exactly there that I'd like to change/add and how to do it so I'll probably come back here later with more suggestions ^^" ooooor pictures, if you prefer.

I also thought - wouldn't it seem more natural if the tail was a bit lower? I mean on a slightly different angle. They seem heavy and look like they couldn't be held up all the time, plus maybe then they wouldn't be partially visible in player's avatar as I found that a little weird looking - a tiny floating tail part. lol

I still love this mod and especially the idea behind it! Maybe there's something you need help with? I have a thing for mice in various games, maybe I could contribute to your work a liitle? :'D Sorry for pointing out so much as well heh. Looking forward to your reply

18. the420urchin

Yeah starstructor has been a great help in figuring things out. I did want to talk to you about maybe getting involved in your racial compatibility mod as well.

Hey, thanks for your feedback. I can certainty add such a gray color. I have been busy adding new content and still have much revising and additions to do in those departments. Yeah I noticed the pink tail being to bright as well I just forgot to fix it for the last update. The skin palletes are built up off three skin tones then the rest are just the fur tons, I actually thought about discluding the nose in the tail color change but ultimately liked it better when it changed with the tail. Any suggestions you have are welcome, this is still pre-beta and still have to add more selection and variety to the fur and skin colors.

Ill be adding more variety to the blue tabard your talking about and the vest as well, I just haven't gotten around to doing the secondary color changing codes and palletes so they will change colors as well as the other parts.

I still have more work to do on the tails as well so I'll look into your suggestions. But honestly I doubt the overall structure of the tail will change at this point.

Again thanks for your support and comments. What exactly would you like to help with per se? As is I pretty much just work on it alone, and do so on much of my off time so it changes quite often, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to have someone else working on the project. But we might be able to find something though.

19. the420urchin

the420urchin updated Mousqutaire with a new update entry:

Tier 2, Villages & Treasure, Further Character Creation Custimization

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Just loaded up the update and notice a small typo with generated swords:
    in cheeseslicersword.generatedsword at the very bottom, there's one e missing in cheese
    "nameGenerator" : "cheeseslicerswordnames.config:nameGen"