Move beds and fireplace

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Falzarr, May 9, 2016.

1. Falzarr

Falzarr Void-Bound Voyager

I know it's been mentioned before, but the last thread I saw about it was a month old and with a new update coming soon, I figured I would start a new thread about it to make it more visible in case there's a chance of it being added with the update.

I just bought the 3rd house upgrade and am extremely annoyed with the placement of the beds and the fireplace..... to the point of wishing I had never bought this upgrade.

The fireplace is my biggest complaint. It is absolutely absurd to put a fireplace in a kitchen unless the house is very very old (many houses were built that way a long time ago) or if the house is in a country where it's so cold that every 2nd room has a fireplace anyway. In a newly renovated house in a place with a full 4 seasons and varied weather, a fireplace in the kitchen makes no sense. It should be in the living room or master bedroom. I loved having a fireplace in the bedroom and always enjoyed coming home at the end of a long day of fishing or fighting in the mines in the winter and seeing the fire going next to the bed, but now, I never even turn the fireplace on anymore and I doubt I ever will. It just feels so awkward and pointless to have it in the kitchen. If it were a wood stove, that would be different. In fact, why not fill the space in the kitchen that the fireplace is in with a wood stove and leave the fireplace in the bedroom or move it into the living room? I assume the reason the fireplace was put in the kitchen in the first place was just to fill the empty space along that wall that was created by expanding the room, so why not put something more sensible there instead?

My other complaint is the location of the beds. This one is less of a "that just doesn't make any sense" issue for me like the fireplace and more a personal preference. I would greatly prefer for the beds in the kids room to be rotated 90 degrees with the headboard against the right hand wall. That would leave more room for a "play area" in the middle of the floor. As it is now, there really any furniture that looks good and fits into the awkward space between the bed and the crib. Putting anything there other than a rug and an end table makes the room feel extremely crowded. The master bed is also in a position I don't like. This comes down to personal preference the most, but in most houses the bed in the master bedroom will be either dead center against the wall like it is currently in stardew, or offset to one side to make more room for a large dresser on one side with a small end table on the other. I happen to prefer the offset placement since it leaves more room for other furniture and leaves less dead space.

Tl;dr: What I want is the ability to move/rotate the beds and move the fireplace or at the very least be able to move them once per upgrade (for example, Robin could ask where you want the fireplace and the beds when she is expanding the house).

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Yep, def. need this! Maybe ask Robin to move the fireplace and it would take a day and cost some resources. Far as the bed goes, just hulk it :rofl:

• SpaceClown

SpaceClown Star Wrangler

I would love to be able to move the beds but I dont care much about the fireplace. Both my kids are sleeping in their beds now but you cant get rid of the crib.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you should be able to move mostly everything in your home, upgraded or not

• ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

Given that we can already move windows as if they were paintings, being able to move the fireplace should definitely be possible.

• SkullzMuse

SkullzMuse Master Chief

I agree. I'd go so far as to say to let us put things like the kids beds and crib in storage chests, so we have that room for other uses. Not being able to move things like that makes the game feel somehow less sandbox than it is.

ETA: The beds are, I think, the only furniture not available in different woods, ie oak, walnut, birch. Changing this is another good reason to let us move the beds!

• wraith_magus

wraith_magus Space Spelunker

Uhh... Guys? You already can move the fireplace.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

How?

• wraith_magus

wraith_magus Space Spelunker

The same as every other furniture. That said, testing it again, it doesn't seem to work in the upgraded house, only the first house... odd.

• barbieshangover

barbieshangover Star Wrangler

I can see why you wouldn't be able to move the master bed. I think it's the save point. The kitchen too as the fridge and cooker are connected by the magic of coding, but the kids beds and storing the crib would be nice. My creepy kids never sleep anyway and a lot of the time they're not even in bed, they're lurking in a dark corner, possibly plotting my demise!

• NJWilliams

NJWilliams Void-Bound Voyager

You can move the fireplace. Click on the bottom left corner, that should do it. (Personally I had it in the living room when I upgraded... the moved it back into the kitchen because that space felt too awkward and I like my TV there.)

Christnewhogaming likes this.