MTV Cribs: Pelican Town Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chlorruption, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a "Show Us Your Farm" thread and Luthien's got her thing going, but not much about interior decorating (Within the first three pages or so. Too tired to go further.

Show me your interior decorating tastes.

My girl's a bookworm, with a head full of adventure and exploits that are starting to match those of her literary heroes.

crivens.png

She doesn't much care about tv, apart from the cooking channel. A gourmand with low standards, the house rule is to ALWAYS have the ingredients for hash browns stocked in the fridge. The odd chair out was her grandfather's. She sets a place at the table for him (headcanon Gotoro tradition. Long story.)
    Cravens.png

Fascinated by the Ferngillian science of crystal-growing, she set aside a room dedicated to her budding hobby. The extra bit of money each week doesn't hurt. It's a self-funding luxury.
    GrapeSoda.png

The child-room was actually meant to be storage, but Robin mixed up her orders, and the furniture was actually ordered from Ikea, making it just as troublesome to break down as it is to set up. Just as well. The furnaces are there just in case any babies show up. Always have a disposal method ready before they stain your carpet.

OriginalGranola.png

Anyway, that's my set-up. Join in.

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Your house is so nice. Are you on hilltop?

• Chlorruption

Nah, this is my vanilla-file map. Gonna take some work before the hilltop map is prettied up.

CjBeats likes this.
        • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I usually didn't do much about interior decorating on my saves pre-1.1 because it was so tedious to get any furniture, decor, wallpaper and flooring that I like. But now that we have the catalogues I'm definitely going to decorate my homes in the future, just got the catalogue from Pierre on my current save and had lots of fun trying out wallpapers and floorings before settling on something I liked, but it'll take a while before I get the catalogue from Robin, so I don't have anything to show here just yet.

Will definitely have to remember to show my first properly decorated home here when I get to it!

• Chlorruption

I'm a gambler, I enjoyed playing Robin Roulette and seeing her daily choices. :p

Rauchschwalbe likes this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Seeing as I do have my own thread where I show off my house, do you want a tour on this one?

• Chlorruption

Totally up to you. I recall the exterior layout, but not the interior.

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

oh I like that, I don't have much to show at all :D

Chlorruption likes this.
                  • Chlorruption

I like to think every home shows off its owner's personality, even if they don't see it themselves.

Reddestiny921 likes this.
                    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Are you telling me I'm mostly empty because my homes tend to be mostly empty? ;D
                      I'm kidding.

But really, I am somewhat of a minimalist irl so I guess it's true to a point.

wakeupdormouse and Reddestiny921 like this.
                      • Chlorruption

Artsy-fartsy types call it Spartan. :p

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

lol, well maybe when I have the catalogue.

Chlorruption likes this.
                          • LuthienNightwolf

I love seeing how other people fill their space, real life or in games. It gives you so much incite into who they are and what's important to them. :)

Okay, doing this from my phone so I can't break it up into individual rooms, but here's my house. I've been decorating by season and this was Spring.
                            IMG_7337.PNG

I like to bring as much nature into my home as possible so I keep a lot of houseplants and earthy tones. Natural wood flooring, green furniture (I change this up a little for Fall and Winter), gems on display.
                            The room on the top left is a sunroom, with wall to wall windows to give all the plants the maximum amount of sunlight. A little bench is nestled in amongst them so my farmer can sit and relax and enjoy all the plantlife.
                            The top right room is for entertainment. I used the bookshelves to frame the tv so it looks like a large entertainment center, with a comfy couch on the opposite side. I imagine Seb probably hangs out up there a lot, working on his laptop or just chilling and watching tv.
                            Kitchen is fairly self-explanatory. The grass planted in the windowbox is meant to look like fresh herbs. Some decorative pottery sits to either side and the chest next to the fridge holds all my cooked items ( keeping the fridge slots free for ingredients).
                            The living room is more of a formal entertainment room. A conversation over coffee or tea without the tv to distract is likely appreciated by older visitors. One of my prismatic shards is the centerpiece for the coffee table and an excellent conversation piece.
                            The bottom of the bedroom is another sitting area. I'm waiting for Robin to sell me another set of the wooden bookshelves and then that piece of the house will be complete. And of course, my Stardew Hero trophy is displayed proudly in the middle. One chest holds my tools and other important items and one holds gifts for the hubby. I also made him a demon statue for his side of the room.

And that's pretty much it. I do change the decor slightly for different seasons but you guys can see other pictures of my house on my Firefly Hollow thread.

• Chlorruption

I love the disparity between the druid thing you've got going and Sebastian's dungeon. Nice touch with the dark statue.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                              • LuthienNightwolf

Sebastian's dungeon. lol You pull him out of the basement and give him a house full of windows and he still wants his cave, what can ya' do? lol

• Chlorruption

You marry a morlock, you marry his photosensitivity. :p

• Aqua Aria

Aqua Aria Space Spelunker

I like your furniture textures, what are you using? I've been using gothic interior but I don't see that couch you have.

• likwid

likwid Subatomic Cosmonaut

That sun room's nice. It always ends up a dungeony room for me with skeletons, arcades, and weird sculptures from Leah and library rewards. Might have to rethink it.

• Vendacious

Vendacious Void-Bound Voyager

Bit of a mess
                                        upload_2016-10-8_0-19-43.png

Reddestiny921 and Chlorruption like this.
                                        • Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

There are 3 or four of these threads now...