Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MysticTempest: Stardew Valley 1.2 is out of beta, but I assume they'll keep releasing updates.

• ChemMixer

ChemMixer Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Is there a way to avoid steam updating the game until most of the post-launch hiccups get resolved? I've had some bad luck with saves getting broken by updates.

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure you cant forgo updating your game. With Steam, you HAVE to have your game up to date in order to play it.

• niallquinn

niallquinn Poptop Tamer

Even though you might call it "premature", and perhaps rightfully so, I gladly appreciate the fact that I can switch to German in the STABLE branch now, without losing an advanced savegame I had started in the BETA branch. (I have to start a new game in STABLE, of course, but I haven't advanced too far yet, so I don't have to care ;) )
          Thanks a lot, Chucklefish!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I'm fine with people playing on the 'Official' branch now. And, I really hope they do continue with the translation updates as Pathos mentioned above. But, it's certainly not "stable".

The Beta version that was recently released; v1.2.26 is the one they pushed out as the 'Official v1.2' of the game. And, they pushed it out at basically the same time; so this update hadn't been tested yet.
            I figured they'd either finish all the translations, or use an older, 'stable' version of the Beta. Maybe, they just wanted more people to play so they could get more bug reports or something. But, yea; currently we're all playing the same version regardless if you opted into the Beta or not.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

A couple of unexpected issues came up after release of v1.2.26 on the stable/default branch, which we're attempting to address. I've pushed two fixes to the beta branch in v1.2.27:
              • Fix for crashing while saving (due to a bug in monster-slaying quests)
              • Temporary quick-fix for crashing while entering fullscreen mode (or sometimes while loading a save file saved while fullscreen)
              Because of the severity of these issues, we wanted to get fixes out as soon as possible. However, they still need more testing before we're confident in them, so they're on the beta branch only (for now).

In the case of the latter bug, we still don't understand why fullscreen mode is causing the game to crash. The quickfix simply disables fullscreen mode altogether to allow people to load their save files.

• ekffie

ekffie Subatomic Cosmonaut

Feedback to the updates for controller support:
                I like them and are thankful for them :) - most of them.

If possible I would appreciate a config option for speed in the menus grid navigation, if feels a bit slow to me.

The menus itself are an improvement also the ability to toggle the bar.

However I have a hell of a hard time attending to my farm atm because of how the (invisible) cursor behaves. Let me try to explain:

Ever sinds the game launched playing with controller the speed of the cursor has been different to the speed the player moves the cursor was a bit quicker. Also if you run against f.e. the kitchen counter the character stays put but the cursor moves further. this seems to have gotten even worse with 1.2

I have always played on the second screen in a 4 monitor setup- the monitors are next to each other. The cursor DOES even move out of stardew valley and pushing a button can activate windows icons on the adjacent screen as long as the game is running.

These related bugs are still in the latest beta:

if the cursor is off to far the cooking menu had a mouseover menu displayed but no cursor was seen.
                Furniture or chests were placed at almost random (in reality cursor position) places.

There also is the problem that you cannot fill all machines on the 8 squares round your char. -> surround your char with machines and try to fill them - you cannot fill topleft and topright corners. you can with mouse. also you can fill smootly a row of machines below you running along but if the machines are on top you have to bump into every single one.

At harvesting my farm:

I was pressing the x to use my selected scythe and the dialog for a farm animal popped up _ there was no animal around for at least 15 tiles round me.
                I tried to harvest with scythe and nothing happened. yes the plants were scythable - I had to manually bring the cursor back to the position of the character to get it working - and then it jumped of again - sometimes directly, sometimes after character moevement (not against obstacles) and FAR! sometimes it popped even up on an adjacent screen or was positioned below the screen.

I tested this on the newest beta on 2 saves one without and one with mods. I cannot play this second save without because I have more crops f.e. mystics tea with morecrops
                None of the mods tamper with cursor postions

i play on windows x64 creators update, xbox360 controller no extra tools for it installed on the machine
                game is set to windowed borderless, 90 % zoom level.

I had no issues with saving thus far.

btw. I sadly don't like the german translation at all - from the choosing of words the whole village feels cold and different to me .. as if the translation team never played stardew. sorry

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• diggr_c5

diggr_c5 Intergalactic Tourist

I just found a bug that i have no idea how to fix without restarting the day!
                  I tried to sell my old wooden fishing rod in the produce bin and i did the thing where i throw the item in instead of selecting what items to sell.
                  The fishing rod cast whilst attempting to sell, i don't know whether it is a sell-able item or not, but i couldn't move/open my inventory, or anything.
                  The only thing i could do was open the quest book, then i just waited till 2:00 pm so i would pass out.

I didn't instead the time just kept ticking its now 3:30 pm i cant move or anything, and i have the quest book open to freeze time,
                  if i cant work out a way to fix it soon. i will just close the tab and restart the day.

=[ Please fix so it doesn't happen to anyone else
                  If anyone knows the people who make Stardew valley please tell them about this bug

-Diggr_c5

i think i might have sent this a weird way

• victorGP09

victorGP09 Yeah, You!

Hello I want to report a problem that I have since 1.2 came out, some days when I walk through the town the camera starts to lock up and give little jerks that end up being annoying, the problem is solved when I change the day.

I play on windows 10.

• Callicarpa

Callicarpa Void-Bound Voyager

The action key, X in my case, isn't working properly anymore. I have to use the mouse every time to go through dialogs and the Tv programm. It's really annoying for me since I always used the keyboard to play. I don't even talk to people anymore cause it's too annpying :( Some other people have the same problem, there are other threads about it on the forum.

I'm so scared and margotbean like this.
                      • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

There are a few posts on the SDV reddit about it too... :/
                        I won't play v1.2 until it gets fixed, it's just too big a problem.

• ekffie

ekffie Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yesterday the invisible cursor issue managed to minimize the game playing Return of the Prairie King by Controller ..
                          I used the right stick to shoot.. It makes no sense that it also moves the cursor out of screen .. please fix.

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

I just came to a bug, where the game would crash when I tried to press the "Exit to Title" button. And I am guessing that it was a result of a leftover file that wasn't changed from an update, maybe? Because my fix for it was I had to uninstall SDV, delete the folder that was left behind in the Steam directory, and then re-install it. With a fresh set of current files for version 1.2.29, the crash did not occur. For the sake of reference, so that it might help someone, I've attached the error log from before I did the uninstall-reinstall process. I was not running any mods, and it happened on every save file that I had.

Attached Files:

• Raskel

Raskel Tentacle Wrangler

BUG REPORT:

Language:ENGLISH
                              Operating System:WINDOWS 10

This is my crash log and it happened on summer, i've seen other post but people keep saying that it happens on winter, since my happened in summer it cant be because of the season, and i only have the same objects in bag, the tools, nothing else. I'm in year 3,and it happened in day 1 of summer, and this save its from before the lasts updates, but that never happened before, and i played all the spring without crashing. The message part means: Reference to object not defined for a instance of a object.

Message: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
                              InnerException:
                              Stack Trace: em StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                              em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                              em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                              em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                              em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                              em System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                              em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                              em StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Hope you guys can fix trhis, i saw in lots of places people talking about stardew valley crashing like this!!!
                              PS: I dont use mods, i never touched the codes of my save, i have this save from the beggining of stardew and never had crashed before!

• CoolMango

CoolMango Space Hobo

Crash/Bug Report
                                Language: English
                                Operating System: Windows 10
                                Build Version: 1.2.29

I posted this first on the Support sub-forum (http://community.playstarbound.com/...troductions-quest-bugged.132853/#post-3158207) and was asked to repost it here:

I believe I have found two bugs, one I could get around and one I can't fix. The first one is that if I quit to the title and start a new game, the character always gets an identical ID, in this case [character name]_143594438. This makes every new game exactly the same in terms of wild harvestables, seller inventories, etc. It seems that to start a random new game you need to quit the game to the desktop and restart it.

The second bug is one where the first quest "Introductions" is broken after a reload. If I start a new game, close it during the first day and then load the save (going to the title screen or exiting/restarting makes no difference), in the quest journal there is no "2/27" after the yellow arrow. Just a blank space. If I talk to a villager, the quest is immediately replaced with "How to Win Friends", even though the social page shows ungreeted villagers as question marks still. I tried talking to someone on Day 1 and then advancing to Day 2, and the quest seems to work fine then, but if I roll back to Day 1 with the "_old" file, the problem persists.

I messed around with the save file a bit, looked at what was different between Day 1 and Day 2. Wheres Day 2 says "<_currentObjective>2/27 people greeted</_currentObjective>", the 2/27 is blank in the Day 1 file. Apparently the solution is not as simple :p as dropping that missing text in there, as I tried it and this results the game looping back into the opening graphics if I try to load the save.

If you can figure out what's happening and how to fix it, I'd be very happy, thanks!

EDIT: I looked again at the save files and managed to fix the quest by pasting the correct data from another game file. Attached is a screencap of the chunk that gets dropped, for whatever reason (???), when you quit the game on Day 1. After copy/pasting the quest updates and finishes just as it should, and it also still works if I roll back to the starting day. I just hope this won't cause problems further in the game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2017
                                  MysticTempest likes this.
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Many players are reporting ObjectDisposedException errors when loading their save in Stardew Valley 1.2.29. I looked into it a bit; here's what I found in case it helps.

This is the error players see:
                                  Code:
                                  System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
                                  Object name: 'Texture2D'.
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 934

This only affects players whose load menu is windowed and whose save is full-screen. The error happens after the player loads a save, and immediately after the game switches from windowed to full-screen mode. The error happens because Game1.toolSpriteSheet is disposed by the time of the first draw after the window mode changes, so the toolbar crashes trying to draw tools.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Operating System: Linux 64bit
                                    Build Version: v1.2.29

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
                                    Newgames default to 'Windowed Borderless' at Fullscreen resolution mimicking Fullscreen. Despite launching Windowed. I expect it to remain Windowed.

What were you doing in the game at the time?
                                    Starting a new game.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?
                                    Yes.

If the game crashed, attach (or link) your error logs. These can be found in:
                                    No crash.

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
                                    Exiting to Title resizes the window to Fullscreen despite previously playing in a Windowed game.

Playing a save with/in Windowed mode; and 'exited to title'.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?
                                    Yes.

No crash.

The 'X' keyboard key no longer speeds up dialogue typing, or exits out of dialogue(whether NPC or TV)

Talking to Robin/and watching TV.

Yes.

No crash.

Further issues:

As I noted in the thread linked in CoolMango's post above. I experience the exact same issues they mentioned; except I'm playing on Linux 64bit.
                                    Since, they already have a very detailed report. I'm just tagging on, that it happens for me as well.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Thanks, this is helpful. We're investigating. Do you happen to know if the save is fullscreen or if it's actually windowed borderless, or whether it happens with both?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.