1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue Multiplayer Bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by firelord, Mar 9, 2019.

1. firelord

firelord Space Hobo

Hello,

My game while playing on the Switch crashed the other day while in multiplayer.

Ever since I’ve tried to get into the multiplayer lobby it loads the game that previously crashed and is stuck on a frozen screen.

I tried closing the application and reloading, deleting the game and reinstalling, lastly deleting all saved content and reinstalling but I still get taken to the crashed screen whenever I click on multiplayer.

Please help, thank you!

• w7123

w7123 Space Hobo

Hi,

I am having the same issue on my switch. I even deleted the game just like firelord but it still goes to the last battle and it frizzes.
      I made a video for prove.

Please help
      Thank you

• ovan66

ovan66 Space Hobo

Hi, I have the same problem, its exactly the same, and it happens the same that @w7123 the video shows the same, what can i do to fix that?

• avery1

avery1 Space Hobo

Hello, created an account to let everyone know I just encountered the exact same issue on the switch version. Would love to be able to play online as the reason I bought the game was to play with friends.

In the event that any of these details matter, I was playing an online quickplay on switch against a PC player. Several turns in we got disconnected, after trying to go back online it immediately loads the match (prior to my opponent starting their next turn) and it shows the nex turn graphic and then freezes. Music keeps playing. Map was on snowy severe weather if it matters. trying to press the cancel button before it loads the previous match doesn't do anything.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
          • tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Hey folks. Would you be able to reply with your exact in-game user name, to help us track down which lobbies the crash is happening in?

• jaybag

jaybag Intergalactic Tourist

yes same thing has happened to me on xbox one, my gamertag is Gospel of Jbag. my system got turned off midway through an online match and ever since, whenever i go to multiplayer and select online, it goes right back to game and freezes. side note - i deleted all saved data and uninstalled, after reinstalling, it has the same freeze issue but now it goes to turn 1 instead of middle of match

• avery1

avery1 Space Hobo

In game username is Avery. I'm an American player from Texas if that helps narrow anything. Opponent's name was PassAFist

• firelord

firelord Space Hobo

Hi tccoxon,

My in game is either joe or firelord I was playing against an account called Robert.

Any other info you might need?

Thanks!

• Esemanraro

Esemanraro Poptop Tamer

I'm having the same issue since 3 days ago!
                    Been searching endlessly for a solution.
                    Reported it through social media,
                    but probably better to do so through the forums.

My switch ID is Esemanraro
                    (Pls halp, I love this game.)

• firelord

firelord Space Hobo

Hi,

I am still running into the same issue. I am not able to play any multiplayer games and it’s been like this for almost a week now.

Any updates?

Thanks

• Willnichols667

Willnichols667 Orbital Explorer

I’m having the exact same problem my username is Pilliam and I’m on a Nintendo switch. I’m super bummed I was enjoying the game since launch up until the recent update. Now I can’t play online at all.

• Esemanraro

Esemanraro Poptop Tamer

Still stuck, please help.

• Willnichols667

Willnichols667 Orbital Explorer

What’s the deal guys? This is a pretty major bug it’s completely eliminated a good chunk of gameplay for people. We all paid for this game and like it enough to let you know that there is an issue where we can’t play the game in multiplayer anymore. Is there any progress? Do you know if you will be able to fix it anytime soon?

firelord and jaybag like this.
                            • Kookysooky

Kookysooky Tentacle Wrangler

So I played nonstop for 4 days no issues then Im losing a match and have to leave so I decide to put my switch in sleep mode. My game was returning to the previously frozen game, and after deleting my save data it now returns to the same map yet as a new match on turn 1, and is still frozen. I only bought this game for multiplayer and now I cant play. This is gamebreaking

jaybag likes this.
                              • jennydeighz

jennydeighz Space Hobo

My username is grenchy and this is happening to me on the switch vs someone named evee

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hey everyone. We are aware of this issue and it has been fixed on Steam/Mac.
                                  However we're still waiting on the CERT to go through on Switch/Xbox which I'm hoping will be towards the end of this week/next week.

I am SO sorry that this issue is occurring, it was a complete oversight on our part when using the new quick play resign features.

Please let me know if this issue doesn't go away when the new patch is available!