1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Multiplayer Chat Window Will Not Close (resolved)

Discussion in 'Support' started by DavisDarvill, Jun 8, 2018.

1. DavisDarvill

DavisDarvill Void-Bound Voyager

This is a bug I just encountered where I had opened the chat window in a singleplayer game and I could just not close it, I had to wait it out and my character passed out, it was still there the next day, I quit out of the game and re-loaded my save and to my surprise the chat window was still open, as of now I have no idea how I triggered the issue but I could not find anything about this bug online.

(I am using the latest version of Stardew Valley and have no mods installed whatsoever)

Stardew Valley 6_7_2018 7_40_56 PM.png
    It is just stuck this way, putting the game in windowed mode does not help.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Xero73

Xero73 Space Hobo

I've had this happen as well in single player. I press escape and it won't go away and I can no longer open inventory or anything. I tried opening the quest log and it stays up. The only work around I have found so far is to force quit the game and restart the day and hope it doesn't happen again. I've noticed it usually happens to me right after moving to another monitor to look up something on the wiki then clicking back in game to go back to playing.

• StellaLooming

StellaLooming Void-Bound Voyager

I know this is an old thread, but I'm dealing with the same issue after downloading the most recent update. So, that apparently didn't fix the problem. I can't find any info on the bug elsewhere either. It's especially infuriating because, aside from appearing when I click away to look at the wiki, the chat window will also appear at the very start of the day, forcing me to exit out entirely. I had to restart the game twice to get the game to start normally. Then, as mentioned, the chat window appeared again when I clicked away to check the wiki. So, I had to exit out. It seems like this is a rare problem though, as the dev has yet to acknowledge it. So, it'll probably never get fixed. Far as I'm concerned, the update was a huge mistake that all but broke my game. Does anyone know a way to revert to the old version?

EDIT: Added some more information.

• Ironbright

Ironbright Space Hobo

I saw this was still active and had the problem pop up too- but just typing /exit and hitting enter will close the box!

• DavisDarvill

DavisDarvill Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much!!!