Mushroom floor - No longer consistently spammable ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShyttStormer, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ShyttStormer

ShyttStormer Aquatic Astronaut

I've noticed that with this new patch the mushroom floor no longer aways refreshes when going from a floor X 0 -> X 1. I would enter the same empty floor sometimes up to 3 times before a new one would respawn, even trying to enter other floors in between, but i didnt seem to find a consistent pattern. Is there a new variable added to the refresh rate of the mushroom level that somebody knows of ? I suspect it may be time based.

Oh and on a side note, i noticed that the green lantern is also NOT always present on the mushroom floor

• Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

With the new update floors no longer refill after being cleared so you can't farm levels for stuff.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

This isn't unique to the mushroom floor. Since the multiplayer update in version 1.3 all floors now take time to refresh. You can't farm ore as easily either, you have to go to other floors and then come back later.

The green lantern is always on the mushroom floor, you must have just missed it. Sometimes, on the smaller floors, there's only one green, but it'll be there somewhere

BentFX likes this.
        • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

You know, I keep hearing that, but I haven't really experienced it. I think what is going on is somewhat more complex. IF your game is single player, you have no houses for other players, I think you can repeat as much as you like. But the moment you potentially open up your game to multiplayer, the floors experience the refresh timers. That would include playing 'four player' mode solo to quarter all costs and prices.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

That's not true. In any game mode, the floors now take time to refresh. Previously you could farm floor 81, for instance, by clearing the floor, exiting the mine, and immediately taking the elevator back to floor 80. It simply doesn't work that way anymore.

I don't know if it's time based, based on how many other floor you've gone to, or a combination of the two. But before 1.3, floors were refreshed every time you entered them, full stop. It is no longer that easy, whether you have cabins on your farm or not.

Go try it.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've done a mushroom floor within a couple days of each other, and the mushrooms were indeed out on both days, but this was Singleplayer.

I wound up with a Mushroom Floor at 86... did it, got like 10 mushrooms... but I failed to make Floor 90, was running out of energy and had to leave the mine.

Came back a couple days later, MOAR MUSHROOMS! lol.

They don't really make enough money for me to spam that though so I didn't bother going there again.