Mushroom tree locations: luck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeekWoman, Jul 25, 2019.

1. GeekWoman

GeekWoman Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I see that I have a couple of mushroom trees that have sprung up on my farm. Looking at all the incredible farms out there, I am seeing these marvels in all different locations, one was right next to the greenhouse.

Without mods, is there any way to get trees in other locations than where mine currently are?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Mushroom trees are regular trees that randomly turn into mushroom trees during Fall. To have best luck getting them where you want, plant lots of trees there and remove others before Fall. Once you get one near where you want it, don't chop saplings. Some will mature into mushroom trees. At least that's how I understand it.

Gandalor 75 and GeekWoman like this.
      • kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

there is a mod that allows you to plant mushroom trees, this way, you can get them where you want :)

• GeekWoman

GeekWoman Subatomic Cosmonaut

I decided that the location they have been spawning is fine. I'm using the river farm and it's the far lowest left small area. I've got around 9 mushroom trees there now, all tapped. I'll just let them spread all they want.

• jadekitten13

jadekitten13 Space Hobo

One grew right next to my home during my first fall. Since then, 5 have sprouted all surrounding my home because of the seeds falling. I'm fine with them there. But if you wanna move them, you kinda have to let the fallen seeds do their things. From the wiki website:

" It does not yield seeds when shaken or chopped down, but it will spread seeds like a common tree. If unobstructed, seeds spread by a Mushroom Tree have a 20% chance to grow to the next stage each day during Spring, Summer, or Fall.During Winter...fully-grown Mushroom Trees will be reduced to a stump. Like common trees, the stump may spread seeds to the surrounding area. "
            https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Mushroom_Tree