Music Music program advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

The only thing I want for Christmas this year is a music program that can run on Windows 8.1. I don't know the first thing about this kind of thing. I need advice.

What music writing software can make 8-bit NES music, 16-bit Genesis music and dubstep? I'd also appreciate if it has a comprehensive piano roll screen. I can't read music, but I know what notes sound good together. I don't plan to get famous by any means, I just plan to dabble.

I need something to tell my mom to get me so she thinks she's fulfilled her "obligation". I have always wanted a music writing program, and this is the only thing I do not yet have/only thing I really want this year.

See you, space cowboy.

2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Fruity Loops it is.

4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

I also highly recommend FL Studio. It is a little overwhelming at first, but it is probably one of the most powerful production softwares out there; Especially if you invest in some very high-end plugins and packs for your music.

5. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

I came here just to say FL Studio.
    It's gud. The amount of stuff you can do with it is ridiculous.

6. Iaeyan Elyuex

I looked up further. The version I'd need is like $200. Well out of budget. I guess you have to offset R&D somehow. It is kind of a niche program. It's okay. I found a Nerf gun I think is cool. My siblings have Nerf guns, and I'm not above a foam fight, even if I am 28.

Surenu likes this.
  7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

You might also want to look into the Nerf Tec Recon series, very reliable, yet cheap semi-autos with good range and good mag capacity :3