Modding Help My game keeps crashing!!!!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ksurek2, Aug 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ksurek2

ksurek2 Space Hobo

Howdy, folks. I'm not super tech savvy so I could use some help fixing a little issue I have.

My game plays normally for the most part but after a little while of playing, when I go to bed to save, my game will suddenly crash. I figured it may have been some mods I have giving me some trouble so I deleted a couple that SMAPI gave me "warnings" about. I've tried and tried again but it keeps crashing! I'm in Stardew Valley limbo!!!! Please help I can't keep living my life like this.

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

How about begin with a usual procedure, upload your smapi log here : https://log.smapi.io/

So those guys around might be able to get you out from that bloody limbo xD

• ksurek2

ksurek2 Space Hobo

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

You could try to play without any mods loaded? like renaming your Mods folder or moving it to desktop for example..
        If it's still crashing then, well I'm afraid that I couldn't do much but pass this troubleshoot to someone else :/

• ksurek2

ksurek2 Space Hobo

I just removed all my mods and had the same result. ))): Thank you for trying to help tho!!!

• ksurek2

ksurek2 Space Hobo

Just a little update for those looking to help a gal out: I did some experimenting and I made a new save file to see if that had issues as well. After playing through a day, I went to bed and it saved like normal. I did another little test and popped into an older save file I had. Like the brand new one, it saved fine as well. The problem seems to just be with the file I've been playing on recently. How is this even possible????? Lawd, I need help

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ksurek2 The log you posted doesn't have the crash info. Can you cause the crash again, then post your log (without relaunching the game first)?

• ksurek2

ksurek2 Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• ksurek2

ksurek2 Space Hobo

Oh my goodness, it worked!!!! Thank you sm, you're a saint!!! <3

• ChocoBlob

ChocoBlob Aquatic Astronaut

I need help too. ;-;
                  My game keeps crashing each time I try save. I even re-did the last day but I still can't save for tomorrow. What should I do? I don't know how it works.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@ChocoBlob Since you're posting in mods, you must be playing modded - but maybe next time don't post to an ancient thread - please go to https://smapi.io/log and folow the instructions there; bring the link to the parsed log back here so folks can take a look at it.

• ChocoBlob

• Moragaine

@ChocoBlob Try verifying your game files, and see if that helps. If not take out PyTK and Custom Furniture - also, CF needs a furniture pack to work correctly and don't see one loaded in your game.

• ChocoBlob

I tried verifying but it didn't work. I removed the mods and now the game doesn't respond.

• Moragaine

Which mods did you remove? Does your game start if you just click on StardewValley.exe?

• ChocoBlob

PyTK and Custom furniture. It stopped working once I click on my save

• Moragaine

Does the game start if you just click on StardewValley.exe - which is without mods.

• ChocoBlob

It does. But that doesn't help me. I need to save the game and it crashes when I try to save in the modded game and I need to save in the modded game.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
                                • Moragaine

Do you have a Harp of Yoba?