Modding Discussion My ideas for Frackin Universe

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by G-Mac, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Mac

G-Mac Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Sayter, I was thinking that maybe you could make a powered version of the water pumps. Only that they gather planet-type-based liquids, like lava from really any planet, but especially magma/volcanic planets. Or alien juice far more often found on alien planets. You could even make it so that it even is based on sub-biome content (especially underground), so, for example, if there was a crystal biome underground on a desert planet then it would pick up oil and liquid crystal. I think it would be cool if there were at least two levels for it, but if you think it's not needed, then I agree (you would know better than me about balance). I was thinking that the second version would have a similar difference between it and the first, like the well and pump, it could be smaller and faster than the first.
    My second idea was maybe you could make upgrades for the liquid guns (or any others in a similar way), make them upgradeable weapons, the ones right now could be like the pistol versions, relatively, the 2nd versions could compare to machine pistols in speed. Next, (3rd) like assault rifles, with new second abilities with the upgrade, like a liquid spread (like a shot gun), the 4th would be like shot guns in primary fire, but with liquid grenades. Past that point may be OP, but if expensive enough it would be balanced (at least in that measure). At level 5 they could have moderately speedy grenade fire (grenade launcher, 2-handed though) and a grenade spread as secondary, though slower than primary, to balance. You could even have them branch out into alternate upgrades using different general weapon types as a template. Please do the same things with the bio weapons and/or the ion/energy weapons. You may want to consolidate the sprites and unify there appearance to look like the same type of tech, and please do the same with the poison and ooze guns (the consolidation to look like the acid and healing water guns), it could be as simple as a cleaver recolor.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Why not post this in the frakin universe thread, or PM him directly?

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

This. I don't know if he reads this exact forum or not. At best, this is less efficient. At worst (not unlikely), he won't see it at all.

One other thing, I recommend adding white space. One giant paragraph make it difficult to read any many people won't even try. Break it up a little. Apply that advise anywhere you type.

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.