1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Outpost Outlaw is Mysterious

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Thundercraft, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Recently, I've been using the Phase Shift Module mod and UT-47 Kodiak Shuttle mod to explore faster. (Mostly, for convenience.) And in testing the limits of the Phase Shift Module tech, I explored around the Outpost. In the process, I discovered some interesting landscape features and... this:

[​IMG]
    (Click image for a larger screenshot.)

I found him well hidden at the very bottom of the Outpost asteroid. Since I doubt many players look down there, I had the suspicion that this might be a new discovery. (Maybe.)

Edit: Normally, there is no way to get down there. There is nothing but un-mineable blocks between his little cubby-hole and the rest of the Outpost facilities.

2. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The most dangerous man alive.
    The Masked Defiler.
    The Ningen Demon.
    The Cake Eater.
    They say he goes to the john out in space.
    Or that the outpost was once his and he ruled as a survivalist tyrant.
    That he flew out of earth on a school bus, leaving the nun and her class of children behind.
    Perhaps he was responsible for the extinction of earth's last treasured batch of gorillas.
    Or perhaps he is the last known jaywalker, still at large from the USCM.
    Perhaps he is all...and none...of these things.
    But his is a dangerous and sordid tale, spoken of in rumors and whispers. Only two words of truth echo from his lips that dare hint towards his nature...

"GET OUT"

Thundercraft likes this.
  3. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

there are 2 other ways to get down there
    grappling hooks
    spike ball tech
    this has already been found in this update and several people had found it when the outpost first existed

4. Shadencile

Shadencile Phantasmal Quasar

I found him eons ago post updates xD he used to have a quest, and out of curiosity when I got the spike ball tech I decided to see where I could go with the ball, i started on the opposite side of the outpost meteor like waaaaaaaaaaaay past where you get all the main story quests like all the way against that far far far wall in the ruins, climed alll the way around the ENTIRE outpost. xD it is kinda scary because it gets so dark... but somhow i made it all the way down and eventually to him and I was like 'dude you are still here xD...'