REQUEST Name Changer

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Luerna, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Luerna

Luerna Intergalactic Tourist

I'd like to be able to change the name of my character, and possibly any animal if given the chance. Would anyone be willing/able to make a mod for this?

• JinxMinx

JinxMinx Aquatic Astronaut

You can already change the name of your animals just by either clicking the space next to their name or the blank space undearneath the sell button-- can't remember which.
      Except the horse and cat/dog, for those you have to go in and edit a file. It's in a file called yourname_123

Character wise I'm not sure, though, cause I would think it has to do a lot with your save-- since once upon a time naming a new character the same name of another would overwrite the old save.

• Luerna

I'm looking mainly for the ones that you can't change in game, like the pets and your character :) I'm not sure where to find the save file ^^;

• blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Open the save file. Use ctrl+f (find/search), then type in the name of thing you want to change. Change the result that comes up. Save the file.

Done! Make a backup first in case you mess up. Or, I guess, in case that causes problems - try it, it might be that simple.

LackeDragon likes this.
          • Luerna

This may sound silly, but how do I get to the save file?

• rikaouji

rikaouji Void-Bound Voyager

copy paste and paste this path "%appdata%/StardewValley/Saves" (without the quotes)
              it should take you to a folder with your save file(s)!