1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Names/Types of all Legendary Weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Drayco84, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Drayco84

Drayco84 Big Damn Hero

I'm kinda going nuts here. I'm looking for a Legendary spear, preferably one with a Flurry-like special ability, but I can't seem to find ANY. (Also, it seems like the drop/find rates for gauntlets, boomerangs, and chakrams needs to be increased a bit.) Here's what I've found so far...

Asuterosaberu DX (Love this broadsword, BTW. It's pretty, and the special is cool, but I like the special on the Violium Sword more for practical reasons. Notably, leaping around like a freaking ninja.)
    Supernova GauntletX3 (Fist)
    Ex MachinaX3 (Rocket Launcher)
    Time Pierce x2 (Broadsword)
    Lucaine's Energy Whip (Whip, also cool. Shame I prefer spheres.)
    Tesla's Staff x2 (Staff, pretty cool.)
    Tesla's Wrath (Sniper Rifle, with lightning bolts.)
    Alien Appendage (Pistol, three "arms" at a time.)
    Cartiladge Gun (Pistol, auto-richochet shots.)
    Magnorbs (Uhm... Projectile? Anyway, REALLY cool but no listed damage.)
    Remote Grenade Launcher x2 (Grenade launcher with auto-trigger. Also no listed damage.)
    Pollen Pump (Cloud gun? Again, no listed damage.)
    Giant Worm (Boomerang. No damage, also very hard to control where it's gonna go.)

This obviously doesn't cover craftable legendaries or boss weapon drops. So, has anybody found any legendary spears? If so, where did you find them, and what do they do?

2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

legendaries are all preset wepaons. you will not find such a spear as "legend" also it does not matter just grab a good blue one.

unfortunately many legendaries aren't great at all.

just make a rather stupid but efficient "factory colony" which means make some minimal sized viable housings like 40 and then grab their rent every 30 minutes until you find a good spear with the whirl.

3. Gypsysmoke

Gypsysmoke Void-Bound Voyager

After I found the Magnorbs, I just kept laughing and yelling "I'm an evil wizard!"

when I tried out the Alien Appendage, I threw up in my mouth

DukeLebowski likes this.
  4. Drayco84

Drayco84 Big Damn Hero

I know they're all preset weapons, I was hoping that there was a spear or two among them. If there isn't, then that's seriously disappointing. A dearth of weapon variety is always a step BACK. Combine that with the loss of actual attacks from monsters (And now they just need to TOUCH you to do damage, like every other game ever.) and the vast reduction in "stun" time from a monster charging into blocks makes me wonder what happened to the combat system and where all the progress that the game USED TO HAVE went. And don't tell me it's because they changed the animations. Old weapons should've been able to work with the new animations. Although for the life of me, I fail to see what's "new" or better about the animations. (I might just be oblivious, though.)

I'll totally agree on this. For example I'd like to know what makes the Time Pierce special, well, special. As for the colony farm, when I can find a decent buildable location on a high level planet. Way too many of the most dangerous planets have chances for meteor storms, and there's no high-level materials that can deflect/resist that stuff AFAIK.

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

the time pierce I think is a backers weapon, some kickstarter tiers had weapon design and so it was one of the things done.
    Seems like currently most of the legendaries are backer weapons. Thats probably the only reason they exist and why they made soem new ons instead of reworking old ones, as they may have gotten into trouble "releasing" the game without furfilling the backers promises.