Modding Help Need coding help!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LuckyLeafeon, Dec 28, 2020.

1. LuckyLeafeon

LuckyLeafeon Aquatic Astronaut

I need help figuring out how to code a character mod I'm trying to make. I checked the basic modding tutorials on the wiki, but none are specific enough to help me with this.

What I want to do is make it so that Harvey wears a specific outfit on Spirit's Eve, and Spirit's Eve only. I need to know how to code the mod so that the game accesses specific portraits and overworld sprites on that day only.

I also would like to add specific dialogue for when he is a spouse on Spirit's Eve, only to be accessed in the morning before he leaves the house (probably some dialogue mentioning the costume, asking if player likes it). How do I code dialogue, and how do I make it so that it's only accessed while he's in the house, before the festival, and not during the festival itself? And how do I attach corresponding emotion-portraits to each line of dialogue? I really need some guidance here. I'm really a beginner when it comes to code (stardew valley modding is my first experience with editing code, and this is only my second mod) so lots of detail would be really really appreciated!!!

Any help that can be given would be deeply appreciated, and thank you in advance!!