Modding Help Need help / Flower Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by bugbiome, May 22, 2020.

1. bugbiome

bugbiome Void-Bound Voyager

im gonna preface this post by saying im not an expert at coding at ALL, and im very much selftaught in JSON, so i could really use the help of someone who knows whether what im trying to do is even possible.

basically, im trying to create a mod that lets players plant a whole bunch of different flowers, like roses and tulips and orchids, you get it. i think ill be able to figure out most of the mod by myself, but i got Super stuck on one issue.

that is: coloring the flowers. basically what i want is one type of flower that spawns in different colors, but from one seed, and the flower thats supposed to be harvested from one color flower Needs to correspond to the color of the overworld sprite.

for example: ill have a bunch of rose seeds as a placeable object file (singleroseseed.object) and i want it to spawn differently colored/randomly generated roses (from a pool of 7 colors) when placed and grown, and if the object file grows a red rose, i want the item file thats harvested to be a red rose as well.

if this is even possible id love some help!!!!! thanks so much to anyone reading this x)

2. It's Bowman

It's Bowman Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would start by looking at the vanilla plants as they have different varieties for each plant. And if you like I might b able too look into for you and help get it working

3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

The vanilla plants have variety , but they are the same plant and share the same harvest pool.

Edit:
    It will cut down the immersion, and I am not 100% for sure it is possible, but the flowers grow in stages, so you can have them changes colors for each stage so when you look at your garden there are different colors.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020