WIP Need help from portrait modders! (also, dialogue modders come take a look)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by OrSpeeder, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

I've posted another thread about this, because people seem to be doing it, but I have NO. IDEA. HOW. If this mod were to come back, I would be SO happy.

• tj724

tj724 Guest

That is an excellent photo of Leah.She looks just like a real person! I hope you will be inspired to do more especially the marriage candidates. Dialogue Modding is a fairly simple process that can be done yourself with the xnb mod toolkit.

• Unassuming Obelisk

This mod is mostly for changing the resolution of the portraits, but this is definitely a good thing.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I really hope someone figures out how to do this.

• Unassuming Obelisk

Yeah! I have so many ideas that just really need higher resolution.

Zalkyria likes this.
            • OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

Hello there! I am back... my PC is still not ready yet, but I decided to use my half-finished machine to work anyway, since if I keep waiting I suspect I might wait forever.

So, in the meantime, do anyone finished a complete art set so I can put on the mod? The code was almost finished, and only needed art for testing and some initial release.

Zalkyria and Androxilogin like this.
              • お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

Wow i'm really looking forward to this, ...my sister was Actually looking for a mod like this for a long time. :^)

• Murgza

Murgza Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, so the author of this awesome mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/888/? has said that you can modify and distribute it freely.
                  They also shared their portrait images before they were shrunk down to game size.
                  So I can convert all these, I just need to know what format you need the images in, like single images, or as they were arranged in the game files, and also the resolution.
                  In the image here I have em 256 x 256, which is about the size of the original art. Would that work?

[​IMG]

お茶Mi's and Zalkyria like this.
                  • OrSpeeder

The art my mod accepts is basically the game original format, but 4 times bigger and in PNG format. The picture you posted for example I believe is already correct.

Zalkyria likes this.
                    • GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

I got photoshop skills. If anyone wanted to model the headshots I could make them match the characters.

• Murgza

Murgza Aquatic Astronaut

Alright, I'll get to work, Mass Effect Andromeda binging notwithstanding. :p

• Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

Aw sorry OrSpeeder but I think I just made the same mod your working on. Just found this thread when I was looking for a portrait to use.

• OrSpeeder

I still need art!

• Rek

Rek Tentacle Wrangler

@OrSpeeder Just want to let you know I'm still working on converting DCBurger's portraits to 256 images. It's taking me a while because I'm fairly OCD in making sure that each image's position inside the 256 frame is as identical as I can manage.

• Rek

Rek Tentacle Wrangler

@OrSpeeder Cropped versions of the bachelors and bachelorettes are finished. Just need to finish the villager portraits, and I'll upload it all to you.
                                Penny.png Shane.png

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

That is so beautiful! Have you tried Maru yet?