Modding Help Need help making animation for mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LuckyLeafeon, Jan 2, 2020.

1. LuckyLeafeon

LuckyLeafeon Aquatic Astronaut

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to add frames to the idle animation for the horse. The animation I'm looking to change is the one where it flicks its ear. I'm trying to use the extra space in the horse sprite sheet to add 2 additional frames to this, but I'm not sure how I would go about coding this into the game. I'm using content patcher to make the mod.
    A bit of information I need:
    Where would I find the code for the horse's animations in the game files?
    How would I set up the code to take the sprites I've added and use them for the animation?

Finally, at the lower right of the horse's sprite sheet, there's an icon of a horse head that's pasted on top of the horse sprite when running downwards. I have no use for this icon, and would like to repurpose that slot for my animation frames. Does anyone know what code I would have to change so that it doesn't use that slot the way it does in vanilla, and instead uses it as a frame in the new animation (if that makes any sense?)

I'm still very new to coding and modding in general, so any tutorials anyone can provide would be very useful! Thank you in advance!

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Changing the number of animations frames would be a SMAPI mod task, not a Content Patcher one. The wiki has some guides to getting started with modding, including links to C# tutorials. You can also come ask for help in the SDV discord #modding channel!

• LuckyLeafeon

LuckyLeafeon Aquatic Astronaut

do you know where the data for the horse animations is stored?